What's new

ULTIMATE Spiccato Strings Shootout - Which Library Sounds Best?

AndyP

Sorry, I reposted this video today, not by purpose ... this video was very helpful for me to decide which library will fix my low Spiccato issue.

HS sound much better using them with a different mic position and reverb, so this comparison was not too fair. They work not very well in the low range for me, but I love the violins and violas.

Yes, I truly believe the hit job was unintentional, but the HS thing was very unfair. The video come off as an ad for spitfire. HS has more dynamic range and thus the louder dynamics that you played sound a tad harsh. Played a tad softer they sound good. We released a cutting edge reverb called Spaces 2 that can turn the medium size scoring stage of HS into something bigger very effectively. HS recommends the mid mics plus Spaces 2 or the mid mics plus the surrounds and spaces 2. I guess you are using the mains? You also dismiss the entire library after about 5 seconds, saying it’s old, based on one patch and we don’t even know what the patch is. So yes, if you sent me that midi, I could send it back sounding good in a minute.

Also I have been honest and open about PLAY over the years. It drove me nuts in the beginning. I am using it in the new Logic on an iMac these days and it is working incredibly well. The old PLAY is a thing of the past.

AndyP

Also I have been honest and open about PLAY over the years. It drove me nuts in the beginning. I am using it in the new Logic on an iMac these days and it is working incredibly well. The old PLAY is a thing of the past.
Yes, Play 6 works pretty well on my Macs. No matter where I use it, VEP or Cubase 10. I have no issues with this. Even selecting different outputs is much easier compared to Kontakt. No issues with cc settings, and so on.
HS is my main string library, not for everything, but I think this is normal. I really enjoy the playable runs, they are incredibly well done.
If my VEP crashes, it's because of the synchron player. :whistling:

Top Bottom