What's new

U-he Diva & Repro on sale for 50% - redundant if i have Arturia V collection 6?

Not a super big fan outside a few patches from ARP, CS, Continental and Mini Vs. I've owned so much of their stuff but ended up selling most of it. I have Spark, which is probably one of their best imo.

Like I mentioned, I don't want to come down too hard on Arturia, because I can recall off the top of my head certain patches I'd rather not live without.
Interesting to find out when.
I think that the u-he stuff sounds awesome.
But Arturia updated their older stuff to V3, changed the filters etc.
The new stuff, on the other hand, is in another league. Take their emulation of the buchla easel for example. It taxes your cpu and for a good reason.
As for NI, well it depends. You got instruments such as Monark which sound amazing.

What I should have said was: if someone offered you the Arturia collection vs. Diva or Zebra/HZ, dive all over the u-he with a passion and vengeance heretofore unheard.
Ha!

I did go with the V Collection over Zebra2 this holiday season.

The new stuff, on the other hand, is in another league. Take their emulation of the buchla easel for example. It taxes your cpu and for a good reason.
As for NI, well it depends. You got instruments such as Monark which sound amazing.
I meant to ask when as they did update since many last heard. I really like the V Collection. I almost went for Zebra2 instead. Never really considered Diva as the Arturia Collection seemed to cover that and more.

I'll have to get my head out of my Orchestral Tools and update my stuff...it's been awhile so I might have written out of ignorance re Arturia. If so, please forgive.

It's all so subjective and Arturia is very good.
I've had the V Collection since V3 and I currently have V6 and I agree it has improved.
For me U-he's synths for the most part are almost always my 1st choice(I have everything except Hive which i will get soon).
I might be biased but to my drum damaged ears U-he's synths sound more like real analog synths. While Arturia can be very good at times to me there's an Arturia sound and sheen that often seems to be present and often sounds almost right but usually still sounds like a synth plug to me.
I played with some great synth players in the 70's,80's etc... (who worked with people like Bowie,Herbie etc....) more often U-he,Xils sounds like the real thing to me.
But it's all so subjective......

XILS IV is a terrific synth with a bit more of a learning curve than the u-he stuff. Other great niche synths are Wavegenerator/Wavemapper, Largo, Synplant...all very inspiring.

with a passion and vengeance heretofore unheard
Love this! Not sure I know how to dive in with a vengence, but it sounds great. ;) I agree. Synths are an area where samples seem to fall short by comparison, but I'm not sure exactly why. The silky smoothness mentioned above.

Now I have to hit the can "with a passion and vengeance heretofore unheard." :D So useful!

You really want to update your sound, buy the u-he and learn all you can about those synths. I took a long course on Zebra and Diva from ADSR and gained serious programming power, but there are plenty of other great resources to become a supa-synth programmer.

So, yeah you can go cuckoo all over the plentifully good u-he presets, but you only become a master when you learn the specific programming for the instruments.

Just my opinion.

All of this is purely my opinion of course. I love U-he and I don’t think you can go wrong with any of their synths. Don’t forget the freebies either (Podolski, Tyrell and Beatzille are all great and quite capable). Nothing against Arturia at all but I don’t think their emulations are as good. Diva can get very close to my Juno 106 sound. RePro is loads of fun and the CPU hit for me is slightly better than Diva. I never had much to do with Prophet back in the day so I’m not trying to recapture “that sound”. As for, “Is Diva getting old?”...nope! It’s one of, if not the best analog emulations available.

If you’re undecided, there are free demos of both U-he and Arturia products. Have at it!

Last edited:
It's just...I've learned years ago that opening Diva (sometimes I'll use Monark, but nowhere near as much) instead of ARP or Mini V is a sure bet. I'll find or create the sound I want fast with Diva, including my own lengthy list of presets. Arturia just doesn't have the workflow or incredible sound that Diva does imo. Want a great Jupiter emulation, for instance? Open up Diva.

I have had Repro and Zebra for some time, and added Diva yesterday.

The only downside to Repro and Diva is the CPU hit. Unless your computer is a beast, be prepared to do much freezing of tracks if you want more than one or two instances.

You got me cracking up! You rule, dude.

Post of the day my friend. (still grinning).

Ha ha. Actually I have the V Collection and I think Arturia get some over the top criticism, but I do agree there is something not quite "there" with the sound of their analogue synth recreations, eventhough I love the GUI's. I do like the organs and the Fairlight and Synclavier recreations very much though.

Ha ha. Actually I have the V Collection and I think Arturia get some over the top criticism, but I do agree there is something not quite "there" with the sound of their analogue synth recreations, eventhough I love the GUI's. h.
I think their Buchla Easle is top notch

Top Bottom