1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorials - Scoring to Picture with DP

Discussion in 'Workflow Tips & DIYs' started by JaikumarS, Jun 10, 2018.

1. JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Hi,

I'm looking for Filmscoring tutorials with DP like

Thank you.

2. robgb

robgb I Have Strong Opinions

Apr 6, 2016
    Good luck. Film scoring tutorials tend to be more generic, not DAW dependent. You might check the ThinkSpace Youtube channel. I know Guy Michelmore used to use DP before switching to Cubase, so he has a bunch of videos using DP.

JaikumarS likes this.
  3. JohnG

JohnG Senior Member

Nov 13, 2007
    California
    JaikumarS likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Hello John,

I had a few questions regarding spotting(using markers) which the links here helped me

Could you please let me know if there is a function and also the key command to disable and enable a track in DP so that I could save the load time of templates.

Thank you for your time.

5. JohnG

JohnG Senior Member

Nov 13, 2007
    California
    The best way to do this is to learn about the "V-rack," but you don't even need that.

1. Open the mixing board (shift-M) and look for a little V sign at the lower left. Click that.

2. Select "Project," "Add Track," then hold down the mouse and drag to "Instrument Track," then select a soft synth.

3. It will now appear in your mixing board. Right at the bottom row of the mixer, each track has a tiny triangle pointing down. If you select that with your mouse, you can choose "Enabled" or, if it's already enabled (with a little tick mark next to it), selecting it again will disable the track.

With the track disabled, it will not load, so you can build a huge template and only Enable the synths, VE Pro setups, or Kontakt instances you want to work with on a particular composition.

JaikumarS likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Thank you John. Is there a Key Command for this function (Enable/ Disable) ?

7. OLB

OLB Senior Member

Oct 24, 2007
    London
    I found this video very interesting:

I reworked my template having multiple V-Racks. So one for strings, woodwinds, brass etc etc.
    This way, in the chunks window, I'm able to enable or disable any v-rack. Like Ed Shearmur in this video.

[​IMG]

JaikumarS likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Thanks Lenn

9. JohnG

JohnG Senior Member

Nov 13, 2007
    California
    Could be but IDK! I use DP like a clodhopper, as I do most things. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a better way to do this.

JaikumarS likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    JaikumarS

JaikumarS Senior Member

Mar 3, 2017
    May I know how you handle larger templates in DP9 without VEP6? I am able to see only 64 stereo buses available.

11. MatFluor

MatFluor Senior Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Switzerland
    Busses != Tracks

Some Tracks of mine feed into one Bus etc. So essentially I can have an extremely big template feeding into few Busses.

and Digital performer has 1024 Stereo Busses as per 9.52. I don't know why you would see only 64. Maybe look at your Studio config?

JaikumarS likes this.