TROLLS

I encountered two trolls on this Form - re-peat and muk. I made the mistake of being generally insulting - not to them but just in general - when I first posted something here, very nervously, but then I apologized for it. However, these trolls continued with their trashing because it gave them a little charge. They like doing that sort of thing. However, I refuse to accept this kind of treatment, and think no one should. This is a quote from a great book on the artistic process by Austin Kleon - "Show Your Work" - that seems to apply exactly to what I experienced here in this Forum:

"A troll is a person who isn't interested in improving your work, only provoking you with hateful, aggressive, upsetting talk. You will gain nothing by engaging with these people. Don't feed them, and they will usually go away."

I made the mistake of feeding the trolls. I will not do so any more.

markleake

Recovering sale addict
Yeah, as much as I don't mind listening to his work, I reported the post.

Surely we are above this kind of stuff?

Tacet

I encountered two trolls on this Form - re-peat and muk. I made the mistake of being generally insulting - not to them but just in general - when I first posted something here, very nervously, but then I apologized for it. However, these trolls continued with their trashing because it gave them a little charge. They like doing that sort of thing. However, I refuse to accept this kind of treatment, and think no one should. This is a quote from a great book on the artistic process by Austin Kleon - "Show Your Work" - that seems to apply exactly to what I experienced here in this Forum:

"A troll is a person who isn't interested in improving your work, only provoking you with hateful, aggressive, upsetting talk. You will gain nothing by engaging with these people. Don't feed them, and they will usually go away."

I made the mistake of feeding the trolls. I will not do so any more.
Pathetic prima donna behavior. Reported.

Nick Batzdorf

William, you're a skilled musician and you know how good your work is. Is it really worth staying mad for several days just because two people didn't like it?

I'm going to move this to the drama zone, but really, my suggestion is not to take it personally, and certainly not seriously.