What's new

Trailer for New Spitfire Library

I sent a message to the support center because my "Ambient Guitar" have some operating bugs. :sad:
I can not reasonably get an opinion about AG :thumbsdown:

My technical problems are being processed... o_O
Some presets still work :), not the Grid, unfortunately :sad:!

To get to the point, the marketing message is aptly named:: "DISTORTED SOUNDSCAPES FOR CINEMATIC SCORING" :2thumbs:

My technical problems are being processed... o_O
Some presets still work :), not the Grid, unfortunately :sad:!

To get to the point, the marketing message is aptly named:: "DISTORTED SOUNDSCAPES FOR CINEMATIC SCORING" :2thumbs:

Did you try a batch re-save? I did run into a missing sample issue before doing that. Also, the re-save takes ages, I mean really long.

Curious why there was no post from Spitfire in Commercial Announcements? Can't say the demos were too inspiring, but looking forward to the walk-through video.

I took his advice and bought a cheap guitar. It sounds like shit. Now what do I do?
Plug it into your interface, load up some plugins and record. A sample library can’t give you unique and personal sounds. Sample libraries are for things like string sections and such.

You should also just buy a cheap bass guitar, cheap drum kit, cheap violin, cheap cello, cheap flute, cheap clarinet, cheap trumpet, cheap trombone, cheap piano, cheap harp etc. You should also learn to play them all, and to make them sound like their expensive counterparts so it doesn't sound like a high school band. ;)
Well, I own and play half of this list to some degree. Electric guitar is by far the easiest to make some kind of semi-interesting sounds with.

All kidding aside, I made the mistake of borrowing a friend's Telecaster and amp for a couple of weeks. Fell in love, bought the amp, bought a high-end tele yesterday, placed an order for a nice strat, and my floor has the first three of soon-to-be-many pedals.

Stay away from guitars, kids!

Plug it into your interface, load up some plugins and record. A sample library can’t give you unique and personal sounds. Sample libraries are for things like string sections and such.

I was joking about the cheap guitar. I actually have a mid-range guitar that I love and an AxeFX II so I'm pretty covered with great guitar sounds.

However, I'm primarily a keyboard player and I've become spoiled by the VI/midi workflow where you can lay down a track and then have endless tweaking possibilities. Yes, I agree you can get MUCH better sounds with a real guitar and effects than a guitar VI. But I'm not crazy about laying down a track and not having the option of going back to make slight tweaks to the effects or re-time some of the notes, etc. Yeah, I know technically that's possible but it's a much a slower workflow.

So my ears always perk up whenever a new guitar-oriented VI pops up. I'm usually disappointed 99% of the time, and I'm sure this one won't be the 1%, but I still have hope that someday someone will get it right....

Curious why there was no post from Spitfire in Commercial Announcements?
Spitfire stopped creating threads in the Commercial Announcements forum several releases ago. They've never given a reason for that decision. Of course, there's been plenty of speculation as to why; but it seems counterproductive to drudge all that up again now.

Best,

Geoff

Top Bottom