1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks loosing name - Logic

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by stigc56, Mar 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. stigc56

stigc56 Senior Member

May 14, 2009
    Hi
    I might be old news, but is it a known bug that the first midi track in a multi-timbral track often looses its name?
    Ex. 5 bassoon tracks 1 + 2 + 3 + Contra Bassoon + Ensemble, and Bassoon 1 is suddenly named untitled!!
    Or am I doing something wrong here?

2. robh

robh Senior Member

3. procreative

procreative Senior Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I get this with Track Stacks too, if I save them as a patch and reload them they show the names briefly then change to untitled. Thought it was just me!

4. jonathanwright

jonathanwright Senior Member

Jul 7, 2011
    London
    It happens to me a lot. 99% of the time it's with Kontakt instruments, I've found saving a project as soon as it's created can reduce the issue quite considerably, as in many cases the name loss occurs upon the first save.

5. OP
    OP
    stigc56

stigc56 Senior Member

May 14, 2009
    Ok.
    Must report to Apple.

6. procreative

procreative Senior Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Ive noticed this on a few versions, initially I thought it was because the track names were not the same in the tracks in the environment.

When I watch carefully I can see the names, then they clear to untitled, like some reset message is getting sent.

7. jonathanwright

jonathanwright Senior Member

Jul 7, 2011
    London
    As it was only happening to me with Kontakt, I emailed NI a few months ago, they said they are aware of the bug but don't when it will be fixed.

So I'm not sure who's to blame!

8. OP
    OP
    stigc56

stigc56 Senior Member

May 14, 2009
    Well my track was a VSL WoodWind, so it's not only Kontakt.