What's new

Toybox Nano Pack Released

Will give them a try, however I am yet to try Reaktor out, currently going through Syntorial to improve my ability to use synths.
Reaktor is an entire universe. I have long succeeded not entering the modular rabbithole, but 2020 is the year I was no longer able to resist. So racks sounded like the most “viable” option and once you say Reaktor Racks, sooner or later you end up in Toybox land ;) and boy does their stuff offer a LOT. Thanks Toybox! ❤

Reaktor is an entire universe. I have long succeeded not entering the modular rabbithole, but 2020 is the year I was no longer able to resist. So racks sounded like the most “viable” option and once you say Reaktor Racks, sooner or later you end up in Toybox land ;) and boy does their stuff offer a LOT. Thanks Toybox! ❤
Might be a bit odd but the modular I am currently learning is Drambo on iOS which is a modular groove box (I can sit on the coach with the iPad learning this, which is great), which is really powerful (can now host AUv3, and a payed addon to use Wavetables, including Serum ones). Plus there are a couple of YouTubers that have made really extensive tutorials for it.

This one has quite a bit of music created with Drambo:

Last edited:
Might be a bit odd but the modular I am currently learning is Drambo on iOS which is a modular groove box (I can sit on the coach with the iPad learning this, which is great), which is really powerful (can now host AUv3, and a payed addon to use Wavetables, including Serum ones). Plus there are a couple of YouTubers that have made really extensive tutorials for it.

This one has quite a bit of music created with Drambo:

I have Cubasis and Synthmaster One on my iPhone (mostly for field recording purposes and casual sketching). Oh, and a couple of SWAM instruments for my Roli too. This looks promising! Thanks!

I have Cubasis and Synthmaster One on my iPhone (mostly for field recording purposes and casual sketching). Oh, and a couple of SWAM instruments for my Roli too. This looks promising! Thanks!
Give it a look as it is a bit shocking how much this can do. AUM is also great on iOS as is Fugue Machine, alongside a library from Decent Samples (many free) sound amazing. The only thing missing for me on iOS is decent sample libraries or a more full version of the SWAM instruments. Should add that I you can get instruments via UVI Beathawk, which is currently half price as is the instruments (they have full orchestra sections, jazz and world instruments, each pack contains, presets, samples and loops/phrases)

Apologies to david@toybox for the digression

Last edited:
Hi Guys! I hope you are having a great Christmas holiday! below is another cheatsheet showing how to build a simple drum rack with kick, snare and percussion sounds, using the Toybox Nano Pack.

You can download the patch here (requires the full Nano Pack) -->

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13959/

If you don't have the Nano Pack you can download the free Nano Pack Community Edition, available on the site (we are also currently running a Boxing Day sale with 30% off all packs and bundles) -->

www.toyboxaudio.com

Anatomy-Of-A-Drum-Rack.png

Here's a free block you can use to 'roll your own' Nano block:

An example block: 'Nano FM Synth' is included.

How to build your own custom block:

1. Open the ‘Nano Container’ block in ‘Ensemble Mode’ (full Reaktor 6.4 required).
2. Open the block by double clicking it’s icon in the structure view.
3. Build a rack for your custom block inside the ‘Nano Container’, using any other blocks (for example from the free 'Nano Pack Community Edition)'.
4. Connect the ‘Input’, ‘Output’, and ‘Knob’ ports to various place in your rack.
5. Delete any unused ports.
6. Label the knobs by dragging up and down in the area under the knobs.
7. Rename the ‘Nano Container’ block and save it as a new instrument in your ‘User Blocks’ folder. Your block is now ready to use in your own racks.

Screenshot-2020-12-29-at-10-22-04.png

Here's a new free 'Nano Block' -->

Wavetable Synth - a synth block based on the Nano Pack Wavetable Oscillator, download it here:

You can add your own wavetables by using the Sample Map Editor (small waveform button at the top of the Reaktor window).

The block was built the 'Container' block --> https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13961/

So you can open it in Ensemble view to view and edit the rack / blocks that it uses.

Top Bottom