What's new

Top non-exclusive royalty free music libraries

SBK

Hi guys, I was wondering because they are hundreds of them..
Which are your top non exclusive music libraries for you?

I know Pond5 and Audiojungle

- Pond5 has non-exclusive 50% share
- Audiojungle on non-exclusive 35% share

This must be pretty useful to share your opinion for non exclusive mostly libraries
Cheers!

Forget Audiojungle. The prices are way too low. Plus you only get 35% of the payout. That is total robbery!

I would go with Pond5 since I can set my prices to a respectable level and get 50% of the payout.

Many of the other sites just don't have enough traffic, pay less than 50%, exclude other libraries, are exclusive only, or have other issues which make them a less desirable option.

I often hear about "so and so made 60K last year from such and such library, so I’m going there!". But you have to look at the whole picture.

Don't just rush and upload your music to sites with low traffic, low payouts, or awful user interfaces. I would say that an easy way to determine if a royalty free site has value is to search for music and make a purchase or two. If you as a customer have a bad experience, just imagine how the composers feel!

Last edited:
Reactions: SBK
Hey! Are only these two libraries out there with high traffic and have also non-exclusive? There should have been some more for sure, maybe with med traffic at least. ?

you could try audiosparx. i've never sold anything there but they apparently get good traffic and some composers do well here clearing 20k a year. imo though there is waaaaaaay too much content on there at this stage and its quality is all over the place. some high quality stuff some really bad stuff that shouldn't be still up there. but its a nice site and the people who run it are very nice and helpful.

i would second looking at pond 5 they are a great RF library.

Danny

Reactions: SBK
Are there not anymore non-exclusive libraries? I am surprised...

The royalty free market is just another way for composers to make money from their music. There is nothing wrong with making money from one's music. Don't let the status of a music library fool you.

Looking at Pond5 for the first time this morning. I see a lot of comments about long wait times after submission (2 months or more for videos - yikes!); what's a typical submission review time for submitted music?

Looking at Pond5 for the first time this morning. I see a lot of comments about long wait times after submission (2 months or more for videos - yikes!); what's a typical submission review time for submitted music?

haven't uploaded here in 6months or so but when i did it was always about 2 days for me. maybe things have changed recently with too many submissions.

Danny

you could try audiosparx. i've never sold anything there but they apparently get good traffic and some composers do well here clearing 20k a year. imo though there is waaaaaaay too much content on there at this stage and its quality is all over the place. some high quality stuff some really bad stuff that shouldn't be still up there. but its a nice site and the people who run it are very nice and helpful.

i would second looking at pond 5 they are a great RF library.

Danny

I have some ancient tracks on Audiosparx. Haven't sent them anything in years. However, maybe 1-2 a year I get an email from them about a sale. Usually a $200-300 license, of which I get to keep the amazing 40%.

The tracks which I've sold are usually horrible imo.

If you send to Audiosparx, make sure to name, describe and tag your tracks as accurately as possible. I had one track called "A tender kiss on the cheek" and I'm certain that it got sold just because of the title.

I did not send my driver's license to any member of Pond 5 when I opened my account. No one has the right to ask you that.

To sell on pond 5 it asked me

Maybe their verification procedures are different now than when you opened an account?

i presume you mean you just scanned a picture of your drivers license and uploaded rather than sending your actual license that would be crazy.

anyway i had to do the same, it was a recent change early last year i think. shouldn't take too long. anyway email pond 5, might be hard to believe but they do respond to emails.

Danny

As far as I gathered there were problems with people ripping random pieces of music from the internet, and then selling them on royalty free libraries as their own. Quite a few of the royalty free libraries were/are facing litigation because of that. Maybe that's why they check the identity of new members now.

Top Bottom