What's new

Top 21 Electric Piano Performances Of All Time

Nick Batzdorf

This may seem like clickbait for Synth and Software, but it's fun and I sure enjoyed listening to all these tracks while putting it together.

In my opinion this is a surprisingly good list but as I like to go into left field this music from Herbie's Sextant album is amazing but not typical in any way and not for the faint of heart,lol

If you want to hear more this is the whole album:

Gotta distinguish between clickbait just intended to open your wallet and clickbait that's worth clicking on.

I know, I know, this is the former...

I just checked it out after posting first so great to see George Duke on “Eat That Question” from Frank Zappa's The Grand Wazoo.

Great list, a few nice surprises and I used to own a few of these on vinyl.

One more: Ray Charles - What'd I Say, although that is not all electric in terms of piano.

Last edited:
Joe Zawinul also. He's more my flavour and some George Duke as a side dish.

+1 George Duke and Joe Zawinul

They were unbelievable,I saw them in probably 25-30 live shows.

a bit off topic but this is pretty special & if you’re a Zawinul fan this worth hearing.
While this is specifically not Electric Piano this is great live performance of Zawinul with Trilok Gurtu who is a total freak of nature percussionist.
He plays his interpretation of a trap kit(no bass drum) and tons of Indian percussion.

Last edited:
That was another one that would have been good, Craig. I thought about that, but it wasn't the one our contributor suggested.

Top Bottom