What's new

Top 14 Cellos from 11 Top String Libraries

muziksculp

Hi amadeus1,

Thanks for making this helpful video.

My two favorites based on this video demo, are the Chris Hein English Cello, and CineSamples Solo Cello.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

muziksculp

I don't know if it was on the list, because I didn't watch the video but best service emotional cello is my top favorite. Blakus is great also.
No, The best service Emotional Cello was not featured in the video.

Actually, I wasn't aware of the Emotional Cello, checking it out now, and I think it sounds wonderful ! Thanks for the mention.

damayor

Actually, I wasn't aware of the Emotional Cello, checking it out now, and I think it sounds wonderful ! Thanks for the mention.
To me that was a very playable cello. One of the best and only things I really liked from the best service line up. They did a remarkable job on that.

Last edited:

SoNowWhat?

realised I can type here

I want to add something to my comment above as you’re actively looking at this VI and I want to be as open as possible on my experience.

Everything in this instrument (for me at least) has worked flawlessly straight out of the box, with one exception; the portamentos. Now, let me clarify. I’m not saying the portamentos are bad but they required a small degree of tweaking before I found a setting I was largely happy with. Having said that the portamento is tweakable so chances are if you’re not 100% happy with it out of the box, you will be able to adjust to taste. Also it allows you to create variation within and between compositions if you so desire. The portamento is velocity triggered BTW (velocities are adjustable). The experience of playing it is quite like the Joshua Bell violin if you have that (again my experience only), as it’s extremely playable and very expressive. It’s a fantastic VI solo cello. There are also a stack of one off patches and fx including a percussion patch (hits, taps, knocks, and what sounds like tapping the body with a bow). I don’t know if that’s even mentioned in the manual. Sure it’s a small thing but this library is extensive.

muziksculp

I want to add something to my comment above as you’re actively looking at this VI and I want to be as open as possible on my experience.

Everything in this instrument (for me at least) has worked flawlessly straight out of the box, with one exception; the portamentos. Now, let me clarify. I’m not saying the portamentos are bad but they required a small degree of tweaking before I found a setting I was largely happy with. Having said that the portamento is tweakable so chances are if you’re not 100% happy with it out of the box, you will be able to adjust to taste. Also it allows you to create variation within and between compositions if you so desire. The portamento is velocity triggered BTW (velocities are adjustable). The experience of playing it is quite like the Joshua Bell violin if you have that (again my experience only), as it’s extremely playable and very expressive. It’s a fantastic VI solo cello. There are also a stack of one off patches and fx including a percussion patch (hits, taps, knocks, and what sounds like tapping the body with a bow). I don’t know if that’s even mentioned in the manual. Sure it’s a small thing but this library is extensive.
Thank You.

SoNowWhat?

realised I can type here
Great video! Thanks! I surprised though, that Emotional Cello was not on there. Emotional Cello is one of the best solo string libraries I've ever used.
Indeed but, I guess you can only show what you have and not everyone will have emo cello. If I had that many solo cellos I’d probably not be getting any more for a while either.

Top Bottom