Top 10 Stooopid Logic Pro Requests in 2019

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by gsilbers, Feb 7, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

Oct 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    to me its minor but the way that side chain menu deals with track names is not the most easy way.

samphony likes this.
  2. 5Lives

5Lives Senior Member

Nov 23, 2011
    No, it doesn’t unload instruments from RAM.

Vik likes this.
  3. jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Ahh, got it. I was thinking cpu. Of coarse ram is the issue for huge templates

4. anp27

anp27 Active Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Not sure what you mean exactly by this.

Agreed.

Honestly have grown so used to not having this feature I don't even care for it anymore. And if you've set up your templates exactly the way you need them, there's little need for wanting to move mixer channels. But yeah not everybody is like me.

I have ZERO idea what you mean by this...

Again, one of those "I've resorted to a workaround so I don't miss it" type of deal for me. But if Logic finally got it that would be great.

Already exists.

Already exists. Yes, I meant the key command too. Dude, you need to really look through your key commands window and look up recent release notes/changelogs before making a list of stuff you wished Logic had. They added a bunch of stuff in recent updates.

Agreed, it could be better.

Don't and probably never will work with surround sound so it's not an inconvenience, for me anyway.

Agreed, could be better.

Errmmm.

Agreed.

Vik likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    gsilbers

Oct 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    im sure the logic developers are laughing their asses off to some of these.

Dietz likes this.
  6. WindcryMusic

WindcryMusic Always learning

Oct 19, 2015
    Yes. But I don’t think the On/Off button in Logic even saves on CPU, at least not from what I’ve seen ... it seems to mostly just be another way to mute the track output. Have you or anyone else seen it positively affect your CPU usage?

7. stonzthro

stonzthro Senior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Westwood, CA
    The main interface can detect chords as they are played in!

8. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Of course I would like to have

- disabled tracks

- increase the limit of possible objects/tracks/channel strips from 255 to 9999

- a well implemented and advanced non linear mode like live loops

- a DP like chunks feature

- the ability to open more than one project at the time in a tabbed interface

- the ability to manually activate loaded projects for easier copy/paste workflows between projects.

stonzthro likes this.
  9. babylonwaves

babylonwaves Senior Member

May 9, 2015
    you beat me on that.

@gsilbers: Eli Krantzberg has a dozen of brilliant videos up on www.groove3.com - all the updates 10.x updates with their new features. I can really recommend those (no, I'm not affiliated): https://www.groove3.com/browse/by-author/eli-krantzberg
    (you might want to filter the list by "Logic X")

10. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    But it’s implementation needs further tweaks. If you reverse non destructively the anchor point doesn’t work correctly. If you marquee highlight a part of audio you have to split the file manually before you can reverse the selection with key command. It should work like marquee selections and mute region/event key command.

11. anp27

anp27 Active Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Not if you have "Flex & Follow" in the Inspector unchecked.

Agreed. I absolutely love the way Bitwig does this. Literally drag and drop from one project to another, and done so elegantly.

YES. Would love this.

Yeah, like REAL disabled. Where it takes up zero resources.

I would love this too, but somehow I feel like the Live Looping feature will be go to MainStage instead... mainly because MainStage is after all designed for live performance. And hey, they gotta save some features for Mainstage too! But yeah. Imagine if MainStage got a really advanced non linear mode Live Loops feature... and... they kept MainStage at its current price point (a ridiculous $29.99). Imagine how many more Macs they would sell to kids wanting to get into electronic music production + DJ-ing.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  12. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Exactly. Why should I un-check that option. It’s an unnecessary extra step.

13. anp27

anp27 Active Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Ask Apple/the Logic team.

14. Dietz

Dietz Space Explorer

I would hesitate to call that an "implementation" at all right now, actually. You "can do things in something different than stereo", but that's about it. :-P

15. OP
    OP
    gsilbers

Oct 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Thanks.. I’ve been using logic since 2003.. and learned it w Jeff Beal. I just forget stuff sometimes. Forget a lot of things. And as I mentioned in the op, there is plenty of workarounds and hidden or other ways of doing things.. but for me.. these are small things that other daws have it better. Like having simple markers like in pro tools. Minor stuff.

16. OP
    OP
    gsilbers

Oct 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I wonder since the media landscape has changed so much and people mainly consuming it via their smartphone (now w no headphone jack) the desition to do a better 5.1 was discarded back in 2008 for other better features. Developers said... meh.. not that many use it and Charlie clouser already wrote like 20 pages on his 5.1 setup using the environment ;)

17. OP
    OP
    gsilbers

Oct 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    What do u mean w non linear mode like live loops? Is like Ableton Live ?

Agree the other ones. The chunks in dp is def very cool.
    I would still be happy with folders within folders. :)

18. stonzthro

stonzthro Senior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Westwood, CA
    + Clip Gain key command, or binding to adjust clips in the main window with the mouse.

So many good ideas here! C'mon Logic Devs!

gsilbers and samphony like this.
  19. babylonwaves

babylonwaves Senior Member

May 9, 2015
    and that's why the vids - i'm in the same boat and they really help me to see the little things which come with every update

gsilbers likes this.
  20. Saxer

Saxer Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Frankfurt/Germany
    - FAST switching screen sets without up-popping window animation!

- Repaired event list window that is as fast and bug free as it was in Logic 10.2.4

- Custom colors

- Again: multiple CC-lanes and unloading RAM for disabled software instruments

- Reducing active channel CPU spikes (VEPro is able to - so we know it's possible)