What's new

Too early to talk about BLACK FRIDAY hopes and dreams?

I bagged EZBass last night. Very impressed by it, especially the audio capture function.
The one time it technically got it wrong... the bass line was better! Threw in some slaps and it was rocking.
Was on the fence about this for ages, but I can see how productive this will be now.
I've got great mileage out of EZKeys, so I have no doubt this will be the same.

A Toontrack sale that will never come? :)

Sales are integral to the way Toontrack markets all their products.
The only reason EZBass isn't discounted is that they apparently consider it to be a new product. We'll see how long that lasts.

Eventually, they will do the things they do with everything else: people will be able to buy EZBass and get a "free" bass tossed in as part of the original purchase, discounts on expansions, etc.
Sorry for the late reply. What I meant was, that EZbass itself may not see a sale price for a very long time. Look at Superior Drummer 3. I would expect a bundle including EZbass plus an Expansion at a reduced price maybe in two years. But Toontrack is pretty conservative with sales for their "best" products. After about three years you will see discounts on their SDXs. I don't know where Toontrack puts EZbass in this regard.

I assume there won't be a sale this or the next year other than to persuade people to buy their expansions, which they probably won't if they don't own EZbass itself. The force is strong with EZbass. And it is absolutely worth the current price. There is even the risk, that they raise the price a little in the meantime, as they did with several Expansions and Bundles at the beginning of last year.

I would urge everybody to wait for sales on about everything that gets talked about in this forum. And this includes several products by Toontrack. But EZbass for me is one of the few exceptions, where you gain too little for waiting. Just don't buy a new set of strings for your E-Bass and you're nearly there.

The exact same thing happened to me hahaha! Are we all saving up again for november?

Even these two months later I'm still pretty sated as far as Software is concerned. There's a few Sound Design tools I may break my fast for, but I think the coming year will focus on a PC that comfortably runs EWHO and some hardware.

I guess I'll be saving up for when the used gear prices come back down. Stuff's crazy right now.

Even these two months later I'm still pretty sated as far as Software is concerned. There's a few Sound Design tools I may break my fast for, but I think the coming year will focus on a PC that comfortably runs EWHO and some hardware.

I guess I'll be saving up for when the used gear prices come back down. Stuff's crazy right now.
Same here. I am happy with the updates Ben Osterhouse has provided and have come to the realization I mostly just want to make music with the stuff I already have. Although I did buy a new (small / affordable) sample yesterday. We’ll see how long this lasts hehe...

Sorry for the late reply. What I meant was, that EZbass itself may not see a sale price for a very long time. Look at Superior Drummer 3. I would expect a bundle including EZbass plus an Expansion at a reduced price maybe in two years. But Toontrack is pretty conservative with sales for their "best" products. After about three years you will see discounts on their SDXs. I don't know where Toontrack puts EZbass in this regard.

I assume there won't be a sale this or the next year other than to persuade people to buy their expansions, which they probably won't if they don't own EZbass itself. The force is strong with EZbass. And it is absolutely worth the current price. There is even the risk, that they raise the price a little in the meantime, as they did with several Expansions and Bundles at the beginning of last year.

I would urge everybody to wait for sales on about everything that gets talked about in this forum. And this includes several products by Toontrack. But EZbass for me is one of the few exceptions, where you gain too little for waiting. Just don't buy a new set of strings for your E-Bass and you're nearly there.
Martin, maybe you should start a new thread on EZBass.

I did a video on it when I got it and I wasn't completely sure if it was for me or not. But I use it all the time now. So I agree that it is a good deal and the current price is more than fair. I'm just waiting for them to get up to 6 MIDI expansions, as I'm hoping there will be a price break then.

Top Bottom