What's new

Tom here to talk about JXL Brass

Real JXL

Dear all on this site;

I am very proud the JXL Brass library is about to come out! So excited!!

Currently I am working on an impressive demo that highlights the softest of soft and the loudest of loud and all in between!

I will try to answer questions you might have. As some of you know I love the interaction with fellow composers around the world!

Looking forward!

Xxx

Tom

Dear all on this site;

I am very proud the JXL Brass library is about to come out! So excited!!

Currently I am working on an impressive demo that highlights the softest of soft and the loudest of loud and all in between!

I will try to answer questions you might have. As some of you know I love the interaction with fellow composers around the world!

Looking forward!

Xxx

Tom

Hi Tom,

Is the demo going to be EQ'd ?

I'm curious to hear how the brass sounds out of the box with the default mixes (the teaser did sound very hyped).

If you plan on EQing it, it would be great to also have an "unprocessed" version just to get an accurate idea of the default tone/room for all the brass in context.

Hi Tom,

Is the demo going to be EQ'd ?

I'm curious to hear how the brass sounds out of the box with the default mixes (the teaser did sound very hyped).

If you plan on EQing it, it would be great to also have an "unprocessed" version just to get an accurate idea of the default tone/room for all the brass in context.

The demo was not eq-ed and does sound hyped like my brass always does... therefore we offer processed microphone mixes AND unprocessed... so people can process them selves... with the merge function in the Sine player you can downmix all your favorite mixes into one stream so you can run the library really light... you can create many favorite mixes like that depending on your needs!

Thanks for the question!

Hi Tom,

Welcome!

In the video for JXLB, you have a big arc seating plan, on risers, for the 12 horns and 12 trombones. That makes a lot of sense for those huge ensembles. Are the smaller ensembles seated/panned in the classical orchestra style, or are they designed to be "part of" the large ensemble arcs?

I have one more question if that's allowed! :) you have mentioned in your Studio Time videos that you use CS2 with some resampling/processing. A lot of people here were curious what you meant by that - is it generally EQ, reverb, denoising? And is the resampling just to save DSP or do you have another reason for finalizing the processing "within" the samples? Resampling seems like a great tool to personalize samples!

All settings were recorded in classic panning setting... especially the bones, bass bones and cimbasso are next level patches they can sound so soft and warm that’s not in available at this level... over 5 levels to FFF...

All in classic setting. You can play with panning to make it wider or smaller in your panning image...

Posted this in the other thread but I figured I'd post it here as well.

What are some specific features you incorporated into this library that you felt existing libraries on the market were lacking? And how has your experience with the SINE engine been so far as opposed to your go-to Kontakt?

Really excited for the library, I pre-ordered as soon as it went online!!

Hi Tom, thanks for putting this library together & answering questions!

One thing I'd love to see showcased in demos or walkthroughs is fast repetitions -- can the library convincingly handle double and triple tongued passages if those weren't recorded as specific articulations?

Hi Tom, thanks for putting this library together & answering questions!

One thing I'd love to see showcased in demos or walkthroughs is fast repetitions -- can the library convincingly handle double and triple tongued passages if those weren't recorded as specific articulations?

The staccatissimo’s are so good snd punchy that with the RR it almost sounds like real thing...

Ah this is great you’ve joined here. I’m curious, will JXLB work well with the OT Berlin Orchestra (as it has been recorded in the same space) and specifically with Berlin Brass. What does JXLB do that Berlin Brass does not? Very excited about this release!

I know you said you finished the score for Terminator Dark Fate in August, did you use JXL Brass on the score at all? Perhaps as a test run for it?

Ah this is great you’ve joined here. I’m curious, will JXLB work well with the OT Berlin Orchestra (as it has been recorded in the same space) and specifically with Berlin Brass. What does JXLB do that Berlin Brass does not? Very excited about this release!

JXL Brass is really catering to all composers out there! From young to old... I sounds or very modern and hyped or very warm Tradional... either way... it’s the rich sound you need for all your orchestral needs... there is simply no competition for this library

JXL Brass is really catering to all composers out there! From young to old... I sounds or very modern and hyped or very warm Tradional... either way... it’s the rich sound you need for all your orchestral needs... there is simply no competition for this library

I’ll definitely be buying this. Thanks man.

Can’t wait to see what the whole JXL Orchestra will be like in the near future! :sneaky:

Top Bottom