What's new

To Prank or Not to Prank Pirates - That is the question.

MarcusD

Tinkerer
Occasionally I'll get emails or comments on YT directly asking for Torrent Links to pirated software. My usual resposne is no response, or delete such comments. I really do not agree with piracy. It's just not cool.

As far as such things are concerned, that should be the end of it. However there's a mischavious part of me that just wants to have some fun. Giving such individuals a harnless scare and hopfully put them off the act downloading pirated software...

(Unlisted Video)

Maybe a step too far? :sneaky:

Why not. That's similar to what these jokesters are kinda about anyway - hihi, haha, everything's funny and trolling and memes in the barrier free, free-for-all internet and let's act as if it was some grand moral philosophy. I'm sure nobody's gonna stop pirating because of that little prank, but why not piss them off a little bit.

Maybe instead of NSA, something more plausible? “Sending to APTF (Anti-Piracy Task Force)”?
I like the sound of that. Sounds more like some kind of swat team will be sent to their location...

Methinks you might be procrastinating.......

:)

Guilty.....

Being stuck in a room tends to cause brain rot, which leads to poor life choices.. Useually equates to purchsing stuff thats not needed, finding new ways to make yourself look less intelligent (pretty good at that one). Or venturing down some rabbit hole that ends with animals doing funny shit. All of which leaves you thinking "what is life"... haha

My mantra is generally “Don’t fuck with people on the Internet.” It’s a scary world out there.

You know, that's a good point. If someone can crack iLok, then doxxing/hacking somebody "just for the lulz" would probably be trivial by comparison. It might be best not to impersonate a cracking group for this reason; however unscrupulous they might be, there are undoubtedly some talented individuals behind the scenes with an abundance of free time and a distaste for the establishment. And if they caught wind of some "do-gooder" trying to troll people with fake, yet seemingly "legit" crack releases, they might be inclined to troll the perpetrator (or worse) for trying to mess with the "scene," especially when they see that said individual clearly isn't as tech savvy as themselves (judging from how "crude" the prank is technically, no disrespect intended to OP)

You know, that's a good point. If someone can crack iLok, then doxxing/hacking somebody "just for the lulz" would probably be trivial by comparison. It might be best not to impersonate a cracking group for this reason; however unscrupulous they might be, there are undoubtedly some talented individuals behind the scenes with an abundance of free time and a distaste for the establishment. And if they caught wind of some "do-gooder" trying to troll people with fake, yet seemingly "legit" crack releases, they might be inclined to troll the perpetrator (or worse) for trying to mess with the "scene," especially when they see that said individual clearly isn't as tech savvy as themselves (judging from how "crude" the prank is technically, no disrespect intended to OP)

Very valid point. No disrespect taken!

Top Bottom