What's new

Tip for finding new content quickly

creativeforge

the plumber
Hi everyone!

I wanted to point out the forum's feature allowing to quickly scan a number of "Latest Posts," located on the right sidebar. But that is limited to 15 posts. So there are other ways to see more latest posts, by clicking What's New on the top ▲ or Latest Posts ▲.

HOWEVER, you can also consult the titles of between 50 and 100 posts at once via the forum's PORTAL, and in a way that is setup differently, which I find easier on the eyes. I personally use this method. Creating a bookmark in my browser, I mostly access the forum via the PORTAL.

Just thought I'd share this, hoping it can be helpful. :)

Regards,

André

OP
creativeforge

creativeforge

the plumber
what´s the difference between what´s new and latest posts?
I believe one has to do with your cookies, with you surfing, while the other one is independent. They are both called Latest Posts, but behave differently.

What's New will refresh after you read a post, and will NOT show these posts again, until a new reply is made to them. It only shows the "New" posts which you haven't read.

Latest Posts will continue showing the new posts you visited, as it shows all the latest posts, no matter if you visited them or not.

I think that's pretty much how this works. :)

Hope this helps,

Andre

Last edited:
OP
creativeforge

creativeforge

the plumber
Lost here. What's the Portal for? Is this in addition to or something different than the standard forum? Thanks
If you browse the portal, it is an important landing site with static content, advertisers column (different than the minimum number of ads you see on the forum which are more targeted), adverts packages pricing and ordering, you also have way more Latest Posts at first glance thank are found on the forum, complementary resources for artists, etc.

The forum is the interactive community of musicians and developers.

Hope this helps,

Andre
Vi-Control tech support

Top Bottom