What's new

Time to say Hello from Denmark

Komponisten

Lifelong learner
Hi all,

I have been following this forum from the sidelines since September of last year, so I figure it is time to say Hello here from Denmark.

Being a computer programmer who transitioned into project management, I missed the creative side of creating something daily. During the first lockdown last year, I decided to convert my office into a small home studio to play music on the piano and try my hands at composing music in my spare time.

After a lot of research, I bought a Native Instruments M32 keyboard and Cubase Pro as a start. Since then, I have slowly but surely added more equipment, libraries, and courses to my arsenal per your great recommendations and reviews in many threads.

I am amazed by the sheer amount of knowledge present here. It has been a steep learning curve not having any formal music education, and even though I am still a complete novice, I have learned a lot already. Hopefully I now have a vocabulary to start asking questions of my own.

Thanks to You all for sharing your knowledge and tips.

GAS is real and needs to be constantly managed - I discovered the seasonality of the best deals - around BF and Christmas, and then again during the summer sales. Off course 8Dio keeps you on your toes with the constant sales. I would like to extend a special thanks to @Markrs @doctoremmet and @TigerTheFrog for alerting me to some amazing bargains.

Best regards,
Ulrik

Thanks for the advice - the summer sales have already taken a chunk of the savings set aside for the coming BF, so I better stop following the Deals section.

Hej Ulrik og velkommen fra endnu en dansker :) Ja, dette Forum er en guldmine af viden og info, og generelt er brugerne meget civiliserede og hjælpsomme. God rejse ind i musikken fantastiske og forunderlige verden;)

Hi all,

I have been following this forum from the sidelines since September of last year, so I figure it is time to say Hello here from Denmark.

Being a computer programmer who transitioned into project management, I missed the creative side of creating something daily. During the first lockdown last year, I decided to convert my office into a small home studio to play music on the piano and try my hands at composing music in my spare time.

After a lot of research, I bought a Native Instruments M32 keyboard and Cubase Pro as a start. Since then, I have slowly but surely added more equipment, libraries, and courses to my arsenal per your great recommendations and reviews in many threads.

I am amazed by the sheer amount of knowledge present here. It has been a steep learning curve not having any formal music education, and even though I am still a complete novice, I have learned a lot already. Hopefully I now have a vocabulary to start asking questions of my own.

Thanks to You all for sharing your knowledge and tips.

GAS is real and needs to be constantly managed - I discovered the seasonality of the best deals - around BF and Christmas, and then again during the summer sales. Off course 8Dio keeps you on your toes with the constant sales. I would like to extend a special thanks to @Markrs @doctoremmet and @TigerTheFrog for alerting me to some amazing bargains.

Best regards,
Ulrik
Hello Ulrik, and welcome to the forum!

Haha I agree. I remember watching Bron (the TV series) and every now and then I did understand an entire sentence, where Danish seems to resemble the particular Dutch dialect I was raised in way more than the Swedish language did, in terms of “sound” and pronunciation. Language is such a cool and interesting phenomenon!

Martin S, du er ikke tilfældigvis den bas spillende Martin Spure jeg gik på kons med?
Jo, det er mig :thumbsup: Det er sgu godt gættet :grin: Jeg har været omkring din hjemmeside flere gange, og der var en svag klokke der ringede da jeg så dit navn og at du spillede viola. Det er dog så mange år siden, at jeg har svært ved at knytte et ansigt til navnet. Holy crap, hvor vildt:eek: … Hej Nicolaj :)

Jo, det er mig :thumbsup: Det er sgu godt gættet :grin: Jeg har været omkring din hjemmeside flere gange, og der var en svag klokke der ringede da jeg så dit navn og at du spillede viola. Det er dog så mange år siden, at jeg har svært ved at knytte et ansigt til navnet. Holy crap, hvor vildt:eek: … Hej Nicolaj :)
ja det er nogle år siden! Jeg spillede violin den gang og hang meget ud med Runi Bæk, hvilket jeg stadig gør, selv om det er lidt svært lige for tiden. Håber du har det godt!

Haha I agree. I remember watching Bron (the TV series) and every now and then I did understand an entire sentence, where Danish seems to resemble the particular Dutch dialect I was raised in way more than the Swedish language did, in terms of “sound” and pronunciation. Language is such a cool and interesting phenomenon!
Yes, there are quite a few common/shared words between Dutch and Danish. And both languages are fonetically further back in the throat; some would even say guttural :grin: 20 years ago I played with an Irishman living in Amsterdam. While visiting him, his Dutch friends from another band where discussing (in Dutch) some logistical problems for their short tour the following week. I somehow got the gist of the conversation, so when I (in English) interrupted their conversation and gave them the solution to their problem, they just stared at me in disbelief; like ‘how the f*** did you know what we were talking about???’

Top Bottom