What's new

Time+Space _ NI Summer of Sound _ K12 /K12U /K12U-CE ( Thru June30 )

Just got the notification of shipment and an email with an SN so I am happy. :)

I'm guessing they got another shipment so if you have an outstanding order it should be shipped soon.

I placed my order with Time and Space on Monday 3rd and haven't had a notification of shipment yet.
I placed it last Friday or Saturday. So it should be soon. If you ask they will email you the SN so you can download it before you get the drive.

Hmm, strange they're shipping orders made later than mine before mine! I though they liked me :(

I'll get in touch about the serial number, cheers!

Just checked. I placed mine on June 5th. Did you get a confirmation and a Zero-G instrument the next day? Probably should let them know.

Yeah I got the Zero-G instrument and the confirmation and then a later update to say it would be Monday just gone but nothing since. I'll see if they send anything on Monday and will drop them a note if not. I'm sure they're just swamped and trying to get through them all.

How did you register your serial number? I registered mine in Native Access. K12U CE is now listed on my registered serials page at NI, but there's no $25 voucher in my account (and it's been about 48 hours). I haven't been able to find a way to register serial numbers directly on the NI website.

I put a post on their forum after 5 days of not getting a voucher. Matt from NI sent me a PM with the voucher in about 10 minutes.

I put a post on their forum after 5 days of not getting a voucher. Matt from NI sent me a PM with the voucher in about 10 minutes.
Got the K12CE upgrade a week ago. Opened a support ticket for the missing voucher. A week later, still no reply.

Got the K12CE upgrade a week ago. Opened a support ticket for the missing voucher. A week later, still no reply.
Native instruments make some incredible products but their support is essentially non-existent as far as I can see. There's no support email (right?) and the support forum is hit or miss — assuming that's what you mean by a 'support ticket'. I have a query that is still unanswered after 10 days. How such a big company can get away with this is baffling. Thankfully the products usually 'just work' but when they don't you're basically on your own.

Pulled the trigger on K12U so that people can stop mocking me for not having full Kontakt ;)
Also looking forward to play around with Thrill, Kinetic Metal & Toys, Damage and Action Strikes. I'm also interested in whether I'll like Una Corda after having Noire first.

Pulled the trigger on K12U so that people can stop mocking me for not having full Kontakt ;)
Also looking forward to play around with Thrill, Kinetic Metal & Toys, Damage and Action Strikes. I'm also interested in whether I'll like Una Corda after having Noire first.

Prepare to have your productiob rig supercharged man! It's like early christmas is what it is. I swear NI keeps all the good stuff for Ultimate!

I'm upgrading from K11 to K12 Ultimate ($299). Looking also at the Collector Edition ($499), the only difference I can see is that for an extra $200, I get another 30 expansions. That's not a bad deal... <$7 each.

I listened to all of the audio demos, and found a few things that were interesting, especially some of the deeper electronica/ambient stuff, but thought I'd see if anyone considers any of the expansions included in CE to be "must have" or on their "love it!" lists. I figured if there are more than 4-5 that people really like, it's worth popping for the full thing.

For convenience, here's the list of the expansions that are only in the CE:

PRISMATIC BLISS
MOTOR IMPACT
SOLAR BREEZE
MAGNATE HUSTLE
LONE FOREST
CIRCUIT HALO
STREET SWARM
HEADLAND FLOW
SIERRA GROVE
LILAC GLARE
TRANSISTOR PUNCH
RISING CRESCENT
GREY FORGE
ARCANE ATTIC
RAW VOLTAGE
VINTAGE HEAT
PULSWERK
HEXAGON HIGHWAY
STATIC FRICTION
CONANT GARDENS
AMPLIFIED FUNK
TIMELESS GLOW
METEORIC RISE
CARBON DECAY
GLOBAL SHAKE
STADIUM FLEX
NOCTURNAL STATE
INFAMOUS FLOW
POLAR FLARE
MIDNIGHT SUNSET

I think they are all/mostly Massive expansions? Um, I've had KU since 9 and still haven't used Massive. So I would say not worth it for me.

That said, if you do that type of music, it sounds like a deal. I think you get the questionable Symphony expansions also? Most buy it for them and are disappointed. They are okay, but not worth the extra. So, if you use Massive and like the sounds, it is probably worth it, if you don't, I wouldn't waste my money.

The couple of Kontakt expansions that came with KU12 are usable for me. Nice synth pads of which I probably already have similar.

You also might want to check it out over at KVR, as I think there are a lot more EDM musicians there.

They're not Massive expansions, they're for Maschine although can often include Massive patches. Arcane Attic is useful in a sound design kinda way and the rest are really dependent on the genre you write in (EDM and hip-hop mostly).

They're not Massive expansions, they're for Maschine although can often include Massive patches. Arcane Attic is useful in a sound design kinda way and the rest are really dependent on the genre you write in (EDM and hip-hop mostly).
Ah, thanks. I should just delete the ones I have and save some space. Don't you have to have Maschine hardware to even use them?

I pretty much only use Kontakt and Absynth.

Ah, thanks. I should just delete the ones I have and save some space. Don't you have to have Maschine hardware to even use them?

I pretty much only use Kontakt and Absynth.

You used to, but they changed them to be more generic. They now include Battery kits as well as Maschine kits and I'm sure you get the wav files too. I think NI want to move them beyond Maschine.

I have a Maschine mkii which I love using but wish that the expansions moved beyond EDM and hip-hop more.

You used to, but they changed them to be more generic. They now include Battery kits as well as Maschine kits and I'm sure you get the wav files too. I think NI want to move them beyond Maschine.

I have a Maschine mkii which I love using but wish that the expansions moved beyond EDM and hip-hop more.
Yes, none of it is stuff I will use. I do think you are right in that there are wav files. I guess they could be imported into Kontakt. An exercise in make your own instrument. :)

I keep saying I will try to make one. One of these days.....

Yes, none of it is stuff I will use. I do think you are right in that there are wav files. I guess they could be imported into Kontakt. An exercise in make your own instrument. :)

I keep saying I will try to make one. One of these days.....

Atlas is great for pooling together drum one shots, etc. I created maps for all the Battery and Maschine kits, find it much easier to navigate through all the content.

Atlas is great for pooling together drum one shots, etc. I created maps for all the Battery and Maschine kits, find it much easier to navigate through all the content.
I just don't use loops anymore. I have way too many VI's that do a better job easier than the loops/hits that I can't control.

Top Bottom