What's new

Time Macro - Let's see more of this!

avocado89

I know this library has been out for almost a year now - but I feel like it's pretty underrated. Especially compared to all the evolution and motion libraries Spitfire has released. For my money, Orchestral Tools really hit a home run with this library. It was a bit left-field for them and I love it! Of course, they've always created top-notch orchestral libraries, but to do something that was more experimental along the lines of SAs lineup, yet still very playable - was awesome to see! I just love the beautiful raw (raw as in natural, not rough) sound of it, and all the different articulations really give SA a run for their money. I noticed after this release they have gone back to more of their traditional fare, which again, don't get me wrong - is still awesome! I would just like to see them release more sample libraries like Time Macro! Since I am fairly new to this forum, I am not sure if there have already been tons of posts about this library, but to me, it feels like this library didn't do as well as they hoped? Again I am purely speculating, just wondering what everyone else's thoughts are on this? Do you think it was overlooked or underrated? Do you think it did well for OT? Do you think they will make more libraries like this? Or did they get scared off?

Last edited:
I personally love it. While i don't use it as much as i'd like, it often sneaks into projects in one way or another. I especially like the trem burst strings and woodwinds. The harps/vibrophone patches does too from time to time, and when i need some soft choirs i often reach for those too.

I think it is great!

I personally love it. While i don't use it as much as i'd like, it often sneaks into projects in one way or another. I especially like the trem burst strings and woodwinds. The harps/vibrophone patches does too from time to time, and when i need some soft choirs i often reach for those too.

I think it is great!
I think it did very well and we will soon see TM2.

It really is a lovely library.

Since it's listed in the "Time Series" on the OT website, my guess would be a "Time Micro" might reasonable follow, with more of the same only with solo instruments rather than ensembles.
That would be amazing

Time Macro is an amazing librady. I use it all the time. I like it even more than Spitfire EVO's. There's something very organic in the performances.

Time Macro is an amazing librady. I use it all the time. I like it even more than Spitfire EVO's. There's something very organic in the performances.
Yes and Ark3 répétitions with Tm clocks: instant Kepler!!!

Reactions: JW
Time Macro is one of my favourite libraries. It was completely unexpected and sounds so good.
I'd be interested to see if anything else in the same vein comes from OT.

I've got a fair amount of use out of it:

+ The sounds are super versatile, like I've been able to use this for everything from beautiful textural pads to horror scoring
+ It's easy to create very playable multis for super fast orchestration
+ The recordings are full of pleasing little imperfections like clicks and pops that somehow do not detract from the usability of the sounds
+ Similarly to Spitfire evos, you can get great results by layering the string sounds with more traditional libraries. Same applies to the choir.
+ The choir is just outstanding!

The rhythmic "clockwork" stuff and the full orchestra patches have not been useful to me:

- The clockwork rhythm lacks any options or versatility. As soon as you include the clockwork phrases, you are essentially locked into creating a variation on the one minimalist piece that you've heard in the demos. Its like a phrase library with one phrase.
- Same applies to the full orchestra patches.

Overall would highly recommend (especially if you don't own any orchestral texture libraries).

I've got a fair amount of use out of it:

+ The sounds are super versatile, like I've been able to use this for everything from beautiful textural pads to horror scoring
+ It's easy to create very playable multis for super fast orchestration
+ The recordings are full of pleasing little imperfections like clicks and pops that somehow do not detract from the usability of the sounds
+ Similarly to Spitfire evos, you can get great results by layering the string sounds with more traditional libraries. Same applies to the choir.
+ The choir is just outstanding!

The rhythmic "clockwork" stuff and the full orchestra patches have not been useful to me:

- The clockwork rhythm lacks any options or versatility. As soon as you include the clockwork phrases, you are essentially locked into creating a variation on the one minimalist piece that you've heard in the demos. Its like a phrase library with one phrase.
- Same applies to the full orchestra patches.

Overall would highly recommend (especially if you don't own any orchestral texture libraries).
Agree with everything you’ve said here. You’ve summed it up very well indeed.

Top Bottom