What's new

Tiger the Frog's Alphabetical List of November 2020 Sales

Not to get too morose in a BF thread, but she was my best friend and I loved her.
The movie was a catastrophe in every way, but now I feel lucky that I have these memories of us working together. All I had to do was give her something stupid to do, and then stand back and watch.
What a precious outtake. I'm so glad she was in your life and feel for your loss. Surely if she were still with us, she would've continued to make great cinema.

I've been helped by these threads for the past 3 years. Just a massive thank you to Tiger!

For me I didn't always have the time to go through all the vendors and posts to check out which one was the insane deals. So I could've easily missed stuff like the Kirk Hunter's Ensemble if I haven't stumbled upon your newer post. I'd say add some kind of a recommendation markers to the list, or even make a separated "Forum's choice" polling thread derived from this list.

I've been helped by these threads for the past 3 years. Just a massive thank you to Tiger!

For me I didn't always have the time to go through all the vendors and posts to check out which one was the insane deals. So I could've easily missed stuff like the Kirk Hunter's Ensemble if I haven't stumbled upon your newer post. I'd say add some kind of a recommendation markers to the list, or even make a separated "Forum's choice" polling thread derived from this list.
I did do that a few times, notably the SONiVOX Atsia Percussion and Silk Road Percussion, which are insane at $2.99. And Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Ensembles was insane at the price it was offered

But I don't think I said anything about Amadeus, which I think is one of the greatest deals ever at $99, but it's never more than $149, so maybe it's not insane.

But I like the idea of somebody (not me) doing a post on insane deals, just like @premjj did so well this year on the best freebies.

But I know that everybody will have a different idea of what is an insane deal. To me, a discount is not enough to be insane. 50% off is normal this time of year. Trinity Drums is insane. Alex Pfeffer selling everything in his store for two euros is insane.

And I think there were some insane deals at Plugin Alliance for $30. But it depends on so many personal things. What do you want? And for some people $30 isn't cheap. Free is more like it.

Maybe we could define what "insane" is. $30 or less? How about $30 for Albion One? The real definition of insane is how it makes the people feel who paid full price.

Thanks so much for your efforts, @TigerTheFrog! This is such an insane undertaking, and so valuable in a market so absolutely flooded with sales at this time of year. In the end, my most expensive acquisition was the thing I really wanted back in May (Elysion) and told myself to wait for, but your listings helped point me at some smaller things that I hope to put to good use in the coming months.

Big thanks to @TigerTheFrog from both my company rep side and personally. From my IK perspective, I appreciate being included in the big ol' list.

From the personal side, I liked seeing what was available and shhhh but I did take part in a few of them but I'll never tell :rofl: I got some advice from the man himself, and I did sub to his YouTube channel from my personal account and look forward to browsing through some more videos there as soon as I can.

Like the welcome video on his YouTube channel points out, the listing like this is useful vs the also very useful subforum elsewhere. We're lucky to have resources like this and people who take a lot of their own time to help us find ways to spend our money - wisely (mostly).

The sale for Senfine seems to have ended... link no longer works. I'll have to wait til next BF for that.

Big thanks to @TigerTheFrog from both my company rep side and personally.

Like the welcome video on his YouTube channel points out, the listing like this is useful vs the also very useful subforum elsewhere.

You are referring to King Larry's Deals forum on Cakewalk, without which this post would never have happened.

Because I appreciated the information I got from Larry and the people on his forum, I suggested to Mike Greene that he add something similar to VI:Control. And, in his wisdom, Mike made not one, but two Deals forums here. Again, all because of King Larry's stalwart example.

And eventually, in 2018, I started this thing, little knowing what a time-suck it would become. And guess where I got most of my information back then? And still do?

So if any of you feel grateful to me, I feel that a hundred times to Larry. The example of one person can be followed by many.

If you have time, head over there now and then and go broke saving money. Don't let be this be only a once a year event. But always pay your respects to the one and true King. :emoji_crown:

A frog can become a Prince, but he still must pledge fealty to the true potentate. And that will always be King Larry.

Hey, does anybody know: if you buy a later/fancier version of a Native Instruments library, do you still have access to the older version? I am thinking about getting Session Strings 2 or Session Strings Pro 2 while they're still on sale, but I have projects that use the old Session Strings and would like to keep them intact. (Also, I like the sounds!)

Top Bottom