What's new

Tiger the Frog's Alphabetical List of November 2020 Sales

OP
TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog

Reid Rosefelt
Normally by today, December 1st, I would not touch this thread anymore. I don't want to do it all year round. Starting today, it won't be comprehensive. It's over--you can't get on it by writing to me. :) But I do realize that one of the most important things it does is serve as a resource for all of us during the year when we want to remember previous BF deals. So this year I will add a few of the biggest December deals of my choice. I'll list Sonokinetic's "12 Days" sale. Likewise if you discover later on that I screwed up the price on a deal, let me know. This is a year-round record.

For the first time next year, I'm going to add the dates that the sales end. I consciously avoided doing that in the past, because I knew I would make a mistake and somebody would be furious with me for missing out on something they really wanted. But I thought about it, and I've decided it's still something that will do more good than bad. Everybody has to take a little bit of responsibility to get in on the sales they want, and hopefully, all of you will help me keep this accurate. Let me know if you think this is a bad move.

Also, if you have any other ideas on how this thread could be improved in 2021, please let me know. I can't promise I'll do them, but I'd like to know.

Next year, I've decided to distinguish visually the companies I have affiliate relationships with by giving them a different color. That way if people want to support me, they'll know which ones are affiliate links, and I also see it also as an asset for those of you who object to affiliate marketing.

Full disclosure:
In the first two years, I was still working as a publicity writer in the film industry and had the money for this expensive hobby. I did this 100% as part of the "musicians helping musicians" credo of this forum. In fact, I objected when people tried to hijack all my hard work to put up their affiliate links (which they still do, by the way). Now I am retired and living on a fixed income. So you should know that most of the money I took in went right back out for music software I otherwise wouldn't have bought. The money kind of flowed right through me. This is not an income opportunity for me--I live simply and my living expenses are covered. If I wanted or needed more money, I could make a few calls, and I would have a lot more money with a lot less stress. But I would rather spend my time doing what I love, and this is one of those things. For me, the older I get, time becomes more important than money.

A big thank you to all who contributed their information and corrections, and expertise. And a massive thank you to all of you who subscribed to my YouTube Channel. Particularly those who gave a thumbs up or commented on a video. These are the things I appreciate most of all.

:emoji_frog:

Last edited:

doctoremmet

Girls and boys composers and musicians. It has come to my attention that Reid’s YT channel (linked above) has ALMOST reached the target of 500 subscribers “by monday”.

So I shall extend the subscription period until December 2. Please subscribe to Frog’s channel if you haven’t already.

Thanks for all the fun mate! ❤

scarkord

For the first time next year, I'm going to add the dates that the sales end. I consciously avoided doing that in the past, because I knew I would make a mistake and somebody would be furious with me for missing out on something they really wanted. But I thought about it, and I've decided it's still something that will do more good than bad. Everybody has to take a little bit of responsibility to get in on the sales they want, and hopefully, all of you will help me keep this accurate. Let me know if you think this is a bad move.

I think that's a good move and agree, we all need to share the responsibility for keeping things accurate. Has been a really positive (expensive) experience for me so just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts.

Thank you for all of your efforts, @TigerTheFrog!

Also, if you have any other ideas on how this thread could be improved in 2021, please let me know. I can't promise I'll do them, but I'd like to know.

On that note, I have been getting pretty good at automating things due to my current job, so if there's any help I can give in that respect please let me know!

For me, the older I get, time becomes more important than money.

Same here - though there's still a very long way to retirement for me!

OP
TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog

Reid Rosefelt
Thank you for all of your efforts, @TigerTheFrog!

On that note, I have been getting pretty good at automating things due to my current job, so if there's any help I can give in that respect please let me know!

Same here - though there's still a very long way to retirement for me!
Thanks for the offer. Please send me a DM. I'd be very interested in what you mean by "automating things"

tsk

Normally by today, December 1st, I would not touch this thread anymore. I don't want to do it all year round. Starting today, it won't be comprehensive. It's over--you can't get on it by writing to me. :) But I do realize that one of the most important things it does is serve as a resource for all of us during the year when we want to remember previous BF deals. So this year I will add a few of the biggest December deals of my choice. I'll list Sonokinetic's "12 Days" sale. Likewise if you discover later on that I screwed up the price on a deal, let me know. This is a year-round record.

For the first time next year, I'm going to add the dates that the sales end.....

Thank you from me too for all the organizing you've done in these threads. I wanted to say I didn't mean my previous post about being overwhelmed to be aimed at you. If anything, you helped make things clearer.

I just need to go back to my harddrive and start using more than 1% of what I already have!

OP
TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog

Reid Rosefelt
My wife just told me that because I have a captive audience I should post a scene from a short film I wrote and directed, TIGER:HIS FALL & RISE. The poor quality of the image is because the film was never finished--this is a VHS output from an Avid cut. I am not too proud of the film, but I'm very proud of the song I wrote for Tiger, which was sung by a wonderful jazz singer named Thos Shipley. I'm also glad I got to make this film with my late friend Adrienne Shelly, and with the star, Thomas Jay Ryan, who played Tiger's long-suffering manager, and is a really great actor.

I plan to make a video some day explaining where the whole Tiger the Frog thing came from.

Top Bottom