What's new

Tiger The Frog's Alphabetical List of November 2019 Sales

Can anyone confirm how long the Audiobro sale is going to last? I couldn't find the information when I looked. Thanks!

For the record, this isn't a list of everything that's discounted on the web this month. It's a list of store-wide Black Friday sales. And I'm not close to comprehensive with that. This takes a lot of time so I have to set some limits.

I don't include products on intro price like Vento, or XPerc or Storm Choir Ultimate or a few dozen other new things that have been introduced this month. Sometimes I'll include a product on intro price, but only if there's a store-wide sale going on at the same time. And sometimes I'll bend the rules a bit for somebody who is active on VI:Control. :)

I'm also not listing APD, VSTBuzz and all the other things that are on sale 365 days a year. But I expect both of them to do something special for BF, and I'll list that.

But please post anything that you think people should know about.:2thumbs:

You should doublecheck which products give you the loyalty discount, I don't think all do. I put a couple into the shopping basket to see and iirc CSSS doesn't work buts CSS does.
According to their FAQ also CSSS does give the loyalty discount. But if you buy CSSS first you have to contact their support as the online store does not do that automatically.

I guess a lot of the small developers know, that they are not able to generate the hype around a new product as SF was able to with BBCSO. Now SF thinks about producing their new John Williams library and CS still struggles to get CSW out. Who cares, if CSW should be the better product in the end? As long as SF doesn't completely **** up a product release, their name will get around. CS is currently just a niche brand. A bad product release could really harm their business. So they should increase their market share. That's what all the big names are doing, especially on Black Friday. They have big marketing teams. Does CS have any? Don't they need any?

If everybody, who currently only has CSS, get's an incentive to buy CSSS and CSB, aren't they more likely to also invest into CSW as soon as it gets released?

I guess I'm incredibly off here. As all the other companies doing incredible sales at Black Friday. Stupid me.
The thing is, they don't need all that marketing. The word got around that their products are fantastic. There is a reason there exists a post on this forum about the brass months (a year+) before it even was released. People constantly bumping the thread asking for more information (until it became some sort of meme) and then suddenly it was released and it was perfect and it's fantastic! Many people are using their string library as their main string library. They are doing just fine. This Black Friday week you get a 25% discount on your first purchase and then you get vouchers for all the other products (except the piano I think) which you can use whenever you want. How is this not an incredible sale? No, it even lasts the whole year! Also they are not struggling to get CSW out. They released a fantastic brass library and then shifted their focus towards the next installment, which will be released when it's ready. Also you seem to think that we are going to buy one string library, one brass library and one woodwinds library and then are good for life. Yeah, that's not how it works. I'll definitely going to buy CSW (and I'm buying it blind) because they ALWAYS deliever. In my opinion THE BEST developer I've ever dealt with, with fair prices and even then they reward customer loyalty.

The thing is, they don't need all that marketing. The word got around that their products are fantastic. There is a reason there exists a post on this forum about the brass months (a year+) before it even was released. People constantly bumping the thread asking for more information (until it became some sort of meme) and then suddenly it was released and it was perfect and it's fantastic! Many people are using their string library as their main string library. They are doing just fine. This Black Friday week you get a 25% discount on your first purchase and then you get vouchers for all the other products (except the piano I think) which you can use whenever you want. How is this not an incredible sale? No, it even lasts the whole year! Also they are not struggling to get CSW out. They released a fantastic brass library and then shifted their focus towards the next installment, which will be released when it's ready. Also you seem to think that we are going to buy one string library, one brass library and one woodwinds library and then are good for life. Yeah, that's not how it works. I'll definitely going to buy CSW (and I'm buying it blind) because they ALWAYS deliever. In my opinion THE BEST developer I've ever dealt with, with fair prices and even then they reward customer loyalty.

Well said...

One thing that annoys me about developers is that they put stuff in king-sized letters on their pages like "40% off with code SAVE40BLACKFRIDAY2019"

This is simply not Tiger-friendly.

As every character counts with this thread (each post is only allowed a set amount) I am going to start removing codes unless the developer is sneaky and makes them hard to find.

FROM NOW ON, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, CODE-WISE! I figure that if you can read what I'm writing in this thread, you probably can also read what is written at the top of those pages.

EDIT: Mike Green got me more space, so codes are no longer an issue.... I apologize for my grouchiness.

But this reminds me of when I was a working publicist and used to screen movies at Lorne Michaels' Broadway Screening Room. There was a code for the bathroom--which was "1" The bathroom was literally right out the door. A critic had to walk six feet and remember that I told them the code was "1." You wouldn't believe how many of New York's film critics were overwhelmed by this task. Maybe that's why I've always hated codes, as they remind me that people who weren't able to get into the can felt they were capable of advising the nation about which movies were worth seeing. :shocked:

Last edited:
I've blown all my BF budget and after getting Nucleus realized it doesn't come with a harp...

Can someone recommend a harp instrument that is on sale?

I don't need the best of the best with all articulations and pedals. I want something cheap that is not absolute crap and can use in the background.

If I am dumb enough to do this again in 2020, I will reserve some more empty posts. I can see myself running out of space this year and having to go back and start deleting listings, which I don't look forward to.

Maybe post a downwards pointing arrow at the end of post #5 with "keep scrolling" in big letters and use your next two posts (#10 and #11) also. Seems a lot easier than picking listings for deletion.

I've blown all my BF budget and after getting Nucleus realized it doesn't come with a harp...

Can someone recommend a harp instrument that is on sale?

I don't need the best of the best with all articulations and pedals. I want something cheap that is not absolute crap and can use in the background.

Here's a good free one:
https://www.theproducerstore.com/product/angels-harp-kontakt-library/

Top Bottom