What's new

Tiger The Frog's Alphabetical List of November 2019 Sales

Sonokinetic is advertising a 33% off holiday sale on the Deal Compressor website (see ad in right column). But I'm not seeing any sale prices on their site. At least not yet...

Seems like Light & sound has a sale going on with 60% off their chambers strings...which does sound so lovely, not the least in this recent comparison thread: https://vi-control.net/community/th...rison-swiss-folk-songs-set-for-strings.72961/

They've been that price for months.
...and they are lovely. Ive had them for some time now. The shorts are underwhelming but do the trick. The longs are very nice.

As part of the Sampleism-Sale -> these are no sample-packs, but Kontakt-Libraries - two with one-shots, the others with tuned instruments:
https://www.sampleism.com/label/piotr-nowotnik/
I can recommend to check them, not the usual stuff - especially the Whistle Hole is great.

Also by Piotr Nowotnik is this great hurdy gurdy instrument (reduced right now)
https://www.kontakthub.com/product/lira-korbowa-bundle/

Last edited:
Not seeing any emails yet from XLN Audio... strange. Anyone know when they went out?

I received mine earlier this morning with some individual (perhaps) discount codes that they promise are cheaper than what will be offered on Black Friday. The thing is, though, while this is true purchasing direct through their website, often cheaper deals can be had through resellers.

I received mine earlier this morning with some individual (perhaps) discount codes that they promise are cheaper than what will be offered on Black Friday. The thing is, though, while this is true purchasing direct through their website, often cheaper deals can be had through resellers.
So greater than 50%?

Last edited:
I've made presets with both. While they share a lot, they are very different.

Synthmaster is a very, very powerful synth with a billion options. It has analog, wave scanning and vector synthesis, phase modulation, additive synthesis, sample playback, and FM. It is called Synthmaster because it is one synth that can do the kinds of things many synths do. For this reason, very gifted programmers like Nori Obukata can make sounds on it that sound like other famous synthesizers throughout history. I don't think most Synthmaster owners program from scratch with Synthmaster--they just use the presets, and they sell a lot of them. In practice, the difference for most between the Player and the full synth is the full one is more tweakable.

A very popular package includes all the expansions they have at the point of sale. It doesn't include any expansions that come out later. There's a much more flourishing third party preset market for other synths.

Synthmaster One is the opposite. It is designed to be easy to make your own patches with, by limiting the options. The design philosophy is identical to Rob Papen's Go2 and Arturia's Pigments. It doesn't do all the stuff above, but it is fun to make patches with Synthmaster One, and, as you noted, it has features that are not in Synthmaster.

I have heard that some of these new features will be in Synthmaster Three. I believe that will be like the Massive X--a different synth.

I don't know why KV331 gives all their synths the same name. It's confusing.

I hope this helps. :)
If only you'd posted this earlier it'd have saved me an afternoon of research, TTF. I managed to glean most of this info from various sources yesterday.

Thank you so much for taking all that time 'though, mate. Much-appreciated! :emoji_beers:

You can upgrade to:
- Reverb Bundle 2 for $49
- Reverb Bundle 2 + Goldplate for $149

Bundle 2 will add

VSR S24 and LX480 RHall

to my current

Sonsig Rev-A and LX480 Complete

line up.

VSR S24 small spaces sounds nice.

I tried Goldplate - not my thing at the moment. already have some excellent plates.

I love VSR for big and small. Try large warm hall (true stereo).
Mmmmmmm verbalicious.
Of course it depends what you’re doing and what you want but that seems to work on lots for me. Adjust sends to taste. I also like TS Jazz Hall for more intimate and have tweaked a couple of my own presets from that bad boy. I haven’t even been through every preset yet.

That price for VSR S24 is good (well, looks good to me).

If only you'd posted this earlier it'd have saved me an afternoon of research, TTF. I managed to glean most of this info from various sources yesterday.

Thank you so much for taking all that time 'though, mate. Much-appreciated! :emoji_beers:
I wanted to do it right away, but was busy. Anyway, doing research is more fun than trying to program Synthmaster! Synthmaster One is much more to my taste. FYI, the expansions were on sale for only $4 until a few days ago. Be aware there are often sales like that. It might be something to consider before you buy their pack with everything.

One more tip. You can get free soundsets for both Synthmaster 2.8 and Synthmaster One at VSTBuzz HERE as well as a lot of other presets and instruments.

Acustica GOLD 3 RELEASED!!!

INTRO SALE PRICE!!!!

really love this one, but GOLD 2 was a CPU hog.

this is
CORE 14 AI

Attachments

• gold3.PNG
    gold3.PNG
    130.4 KB · Views: 4
Just noticed when i am in the light mode on the forum I cant see some texts here. the words i put in the brackets are missing.

https://www.bestservice.com/deals/halls_of_fame_convolution_reverb_free_2142.html (<b>Best Service</b>) (Hall of Fame Reverb) FREE (with €99 purchase)
(Black Rooster up to 70% off ) NEW

Just noticed when i am in the light mode on the forum I cant see some texts here. the words i put in the brackets are missing.

https://www.bestservice.com/deals/halls_of_fame_convolution_reverb_free_2142.html (<b>Best Service</b>) (Hall of Fame Reverb) FREE (with €99 purchase)
(Black Rooster up to 70% off ) NEW
I don't know what caused that, but it took me three or four tries to fix. Something got corrupted and making it work in light mode turned the type black in dark mode. I sure hope that doesn't happen again. :emoji_pray:

Top Bottom