What's new

Tiger The Frog's Alphabetical List of November 2019 Sales

Not sure if this qualifies for BF, but in addition to Epic Babies 50% off, Pulsesetter just released Hybrid Militia with an intro price of $49 versus $89 regular. No indication of when the intro period expires.

Not sure if this qualifies for BF, but in addition to Epic Babies 50% off, Pulsesetter just released Hybrid Militia with an intro price of $49 versus $89 regular. No indication of when the intro period expires.

In order to fit everything in, I'm not including intro offers. I discovered last year, that you can only get a certain number of characters in each post. There are a lot of loop libraries and presets introduced all the time, but I'm only going to include things when people take old stuff and discount it.

This is a little thing, but before you post a sale here, you might want to check if I've already put it up on the first page. I'm trying to put stuff up there as soon as it goes up on other forums or sites. .

However, @JonSolo made me realize I had put IK Multimedia in the wrong category, as he didn't see it. I think it's helpful to have a category for "Virtual Instruments" and "Effects," but it's difficult to do, because companies like Output, IK, and iZotope do both. Even VSL and EastWest make reverbs and Waves makes instruments. So I make an arbitrary judgment based on whether I believe a company is known more for one thing than the other. But I chose wrong for IK, as they have Syntronik, Sampletank, Miroslav, the MODOs, etc., so I put it in "virtual instruments."

I didn't do a "Synth" category last year, because I thought it would make these kinds of decisionscomplicated. I have to call Native Instruments a virtual instrument company even though they make some of the most popular synths around. But what do you think? Should I have a different category for Arturia, u-he, Rob Papen, Lennar Digital (Sylenth), Xfer Records (Serum), etc? Would that be helpful?

I would love to have separate categories for things like loops, sound effects, or presets, but there are so many companies who offer all those things.

This is a little thing, but before you post a sale here, you might want to check if I've already put it up on the first page. I'm trying to put stuff up there as soon as it goes up on other forums or sites. .

However, @JonSolo made me realize I had put IK Multimedia in the wrong category, as he didn't see it. I think it's helpful to have a category for "Virtual Instruments" and "Effects," but it's difficult to do, because companies like Output, IK, and iZotope do both. Even VSL and EastWest make reverbs and Waves makes instruments. So I make an arbitrary judgment based on whether I believe a company is known more for one thing than the other. But I chose wrong for IK, as they have Syntronik, Sampletank, Miroslav, the MODOs, etc., so I put it in "virtual instruments."

I didn't do a "Synth" category last year, because I thought it would make these kinds of decisionscomplicated. I have to call Native Instruments a virtual instrument company even though they make some of the most popular synths around. But what do you think? Should I have a different category for Arturia, u-he, Rob Papen, Lennar Digital (Sylenth), Xfer Records (Serum), etc? Would that be helpful?

I would love to have separate categories for things like loops, sound effects, or presets, but there are so many companies who offer all those things.

How about adding the edge cases that sell both in their sale, like NI, to both category lists?

Do you mean with instruments and synths? Or literally ALL categories?
Because then NI would also be in the instruments, synths, effects, and loops categories.

Hmm, I guess it depends on what the overall goal and number of total entries are. If it's manageable to read every entry it might be best to avoid duplication, but if it's gonna be a huge list and people enter it with the intention of "I only need stuff of type X but don't want to miss anything", then it would indeed be beneficial to have NI in every category if they discound something in every category.

It's up to you, your thread is very much appreciated either way! I already set a reminder to grab the free nectar elements on plugin boutique, and through looking for plugin to buy to get this freebie, I discovered the "heavy pedal" by Audiority, which is a fairly recent Boss HM-2 clone and the demo sounds quite good to me. I might buy that, even if it's not on sale.

Do you mean with instruments and synths? Or literally ALL categories?
Because then NI would also be in the instruments, synths, effects, and loops categories.

I would suggest that you do not repeat entries, even if a vendor such as IK has offers spanning multiple categories. I can read more than one post even if it takes me an extra click or two to determine if my favorite IK product is on sale.

There's a limit built into this. Each post can only hold a certain number of characters, which is why I have reserved a few empty posts for later.

Last year I spent hours and hours deleting text so that I could include more sales. This year I'm writing less detail about the sales to begin with.

If I start duplicating listings this year, I doubt I'll be able to include all companies, and I don't want to be facing decisions like "Does this little loop website get cut so I can list NI four times?"

This is very time-consuming anyway, so I'm not going to give myself all that work copying the links I'm hoping that people will find it useful the way it is. I don't know of anything like it, so I hope so.

If people feel I have put a company in the wrong category, please let me know.

I will try a "Synths" category this year.

Thanks for creating, organizing, and updating this thread, TigerTheFrog!

Best,

Geoff

+1

Although my wallet has its doubts and is thinking about suing you should things get out of hand.

Just organise things the way that works best for you. It shouldn't be too big of a deal to go through all of the relevant posts at the beginning of this thread.

Top Bottom