Tiger The Frog's Alphabetical List of November 2019 Sales

MartinH.

Do you mean with instruments and synths? Or literally ALL categories?
Because then NI would also be in the instruments, synths, effects, and loops categories.
Hmm, I guess it depends on what the overall goal and number of total entries are. If it's manageable to read every entry it might be best to avoid duplication, but if it's gonna be a huge list and people enter it with the intention of "I only need stuff of type X but don't want to miss anything", then it would indeed be beneficial to have NI in every category if they discound something in every category.

It's up to you, your thread is very much appreciated either way! I already set a reminder to grab the free nectar elements on plugin boutique, and through looking for plugin to buy to get this freebie, I discovered the "heavy pedal" by Audiority, which is a fairly recent Boss HM-2 clone and the demo sounds quite good to me. I might buy that, even if it's not on sale.

AllanH

Do you mean with instruments and synths? Or literally ALL categories?
Because then NI would also be in the instruments, synths, effects, and loops categories.
I would suggest that you do not repeat entries, even if a vendor such as IK has offers spanning multiple categories. I can read more than one post even if it takes me an extra click or two to determine if my favorite IK product is on sale.

OP
TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog

Froganthropist
There's a limit built into this. Each post can only hold a certain number of characters, which is why I have reserved a few empty posts for later.

Last year I spent hours and hours deleting text so that I could include more sales. This year I'm writing less detail about the sales to begin with.

If I start duplicating listings this year, I doubt I'll be able to include all companies, and I don't want to be facing decisions like "Does this little loop website get cut so I can list NI four times?"

This is very time-consuming anyway, so I'm not going to give myself all that work copying the links I'm hoping that people will find it useful the way it is. I don't know of anything like it, so I hope so.

If people feel I have put a company in the wrong category, please let me know.

I will try a "Synths" category this year.

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
We need an "Insert Post" option for threads like these in order to pin additional posts to the top if you need more room. :)

Michel Simons

Thanks for creating, organizing, and updating this thread, TigerTheFrog!

Best,

Geoff
+1

Although my wallet has its doubts and is thinking about suing you should things get out of hand.

Just organise things the way that works best for you. It shouldn't be too big of a deal to go through all of the relevant posts at the beginning of this thread.

I think simpler is better. VIs, Plug-ins, and Loops.

Instruments and synths are in the same category, imho. There’s so much cross over, and it’s too complicated to try to parse categories based on where the sound sources originated from. Ie, is Omnisphere a synth or a sample library?

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
Hmm. I dunno why, but I would have been good with just an alphabetical order. It seems silly and maybe crowded but, I mean, come on...do a little work to get to the discount, heh.

Didn't mean to stir the pot with my addition of IK. I don't even like them that much ha (although Modo Bass is great!).

MartinH.

There's a limit built into this. Each post can only hold a certain number of characters, which is why I have reserved a few empty posts for later.

Last year I spent hours and hours deleting text so that I could include more sales. This year I'm writing less detail about the sales to begin with.

If I start duplicating listings this year, I doubt I'll be able to include all companies, and I don't want to be facing decisions like "Does this little loop website get cut so I can list NI four times?"

This is very time-consuming anyway, so I'm not going to give myself all that work copying the links I'm hoping that people will find it useful the way it is. I don't know of anything like it, so I hope so.

If people feel I have put a company in the wrong category, please let me know.

I will try a "Synths" category this year.
Good point! No duplication then :). If the space still gets too tight, instead of making long text edits, just ask a moderator to delete posts #6,7,8,9 and you have 2 whole more posts at the top. It's a sacrifice that I'm sure none of the posters would mind.

Henu

The promo of the lexicon sale says "US only". You could add that to your list so everybody knows it right away :)
But the thing is that most- if not all- of these sales are widely sold by various distributors in Europe (and also in US) as well. For example, a quick check confirmed that Best Service doesn't only sell the Lexicon stuff, but they also sell it way cheaper than Lexicon themselves.

I don't know should this be included in the first post, as I'd personally not like to see any distributors mentioned in the main topic- given the fact that it would be impossible to name them ALL and that would cause a bit "unfair" feeling only mentioning a couple only.