1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Softube Volume 2 half off NI deal

Discussion in 'Mixing, Post-Production, and Effects' started by kevinh, Aug 10, 2018.

1. kevinh

kevinh New Member

Feb 17, 2018
    I’m thinking about Softube volume 2 half off deal offered by NI until end of month but would like to hear feedback from anyone using the bundle. I’m kind of surprised no one is talking about it concidering how much Softube is praised. I don’t own any Softube plugins beside those included in Komplete. Any feedback is appreciated. I’m mostly wondering if there are a few gems in the bundle that people rely on that would make it worthwhile.

2. Virtuoso

Virtuoso Senior Member

Sep 5, 2014
    It's a great deal if you don't already own some of the plugins - the Weiss in particular is excellent. Unfortunately Softube's upgrade policy really sucks - I own about half of Vol 2 already but they only count ONE plugin towards the upgrade discount.

Right now it's $100 cheaper for me to buy all the plugins again through NI than to upgrade through Softube! o_O

I also have several of the (pretty expensive) UA Softube plugins, but sadly they offer no migration path to their native versions. Meh.

3. Si_Withenshaw

Si_Withenshaw Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Similar situation for me. Do Softube allow re-selling? It might make sense to sell existing licences & buy into this deal!

4. Nao Gam

Nao Gam Dirty little gearslut

Apr 1, 2018
    They do

5. wst3

wst3 my office these days

Apr 2, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    It appears that Softube does allow for resale - but I'm not sure I want to jump through hoops. I own almost everything I want that is also part of Volume 2. Decisions decisions!

6. Virtuoso

Virtuoso Senior Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Bear in mind the $25 iLok transfer fee per transaction though. With the hassle of listing, dealing with enquiries, lowballers and the admin burden if you do manage to find a buyer, I just can't be bothered to sell my existing licences. Net result - I shop elsewhere and Softube loses out.

For a good example of how to keep customer loyalty, check out FabFilter's upgrade policy - the more you own, the more you save. Simple and effective.

Si_Withenshaw likes this.
  7. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Somewhere near Los Angeles
    You also have to deal with Gobbler to download. I have a couple of Softube plugins. But there are so many others out there with direct download.

8. String-for-sale

String-for-sale To the highest bidder

Oct 18, 2017
    Softube plugins are generally great. You can try them to see what you like.

9. OP
    OP
    kevinh

kevinh New Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Thanks everyone. Surfing for older reviews/feedback it sounds like general consensus is that plugins are great but buying into bundle is expensive if one already owns some of the plugins. Loyalty discounts are not that great it seems. Hopefully they change their policy because for a few days all I heard was crickets waiting for someone to discuss the half off. That’s not a good sign. Usually bundle to bundle upgrades are good options so maybe it’s a good time to get in at half off.

10. OP
    OP
    kevinh

kevinh New Member

Feb 17, 2018
    I pulled the trigger. Couldn’t resist the half off. Not disappointed so far. I own most fabfilter and PA/Brainworx plug-ins but nice to have some other options. They do sound great.