What's new

Thoughts on Sample Logic's Havoc

Lode_Runner

Sample librarian
Sample Logic's Havoc is 75% off at the moment on VST Buzz. Just wondering if anyone has it, and what you think? I have Heavyocity's Damage already, so I'm wondering if it's very different?

Hey guys, obviously we're pretty biased here, but honestly its a great library.

Here's a track that I wrote using just 6 instruments patches from Havoc and nothing else:

Compared to Heavyocity's Damage, Havoc is a little bit more dirty and grungy, has more high end ticki ticki stuff etc. and caters to some different genres (eg. alternate hip hop loops). Its a bit more usable for light underscore (eg. crime / thriller / suspense etc.) whereas I normally only use Damage for the really heavy stuff.

Personally I'll be using Havoc to make some dark and twisted NIN / Atticus Ross style underscore music in the next few weeks as its great for that (add some delay, reverb and distortion and its seriously dark and dirty!)

But don't take our word for it - we're biased as we're the ones selling it!

Interesting. 75% off is a substantial discount. I wonder if we will see a new version Havoc in short order, similar to what they did with Cyclone - which became Cyclone Retwisted - "Completely re-engineered and re-imagined" - New features, new UI, and, of course, a new price. The same with Cinematic Guitars Infinity. Cinematic Guitars 1 and 2 went on sale for $99 each shortly before the Infinity roll-out. We just might see a new version of Havoc with 2,400 trillion sonic combinations!

Edit: The "Get it before it's gone!" statement at VSTBuzz would seem to support this.

Last edited:
I watched the Sounds and Gear review on the other thread. It looks like a good complement to Damage, less hard hitting, and at 75% off is an incredible deal. Having a hard time saying no. I guess I've got the better part of two weeks to decide.

Interesting. 75% off is a substantial discount. I wonder if we will see a new version Havoc in short order, similar to what they did with Cyclone - which became Cyclone Retwisted - "Completely re-engineered and re-imagined" - New features, new UI, and, of course, a new price. The same with Cinematic Guitars Infinity. Cinematic Guitars 1 and 2 went on sale for $99 each shortly before the Infinity roll-out. We just might see a new version of Havoc with 2,400 trillion sonic combinations!

Edit: The "Get it before it's gone!" statement at VSTBuzz would seem to support this.

I think they are referring to the sale itself, but I can see SL making an newer twisted version too, which would make them pull this (like CG1 and 2). If you like the sounds and feel you can use them, then now (or before the sale ends) is the the time to get it. Just check this walkthrough first:

Personally, I couldn't miss this one.

The patch list itself is quite extensive, and the possibilities are always connected to the creative force each individual has. The sound is high-end, of course, and as Emmett mentioned above, it is indeed oriented towards the more discrete-end of the timbral palette. That doesn't mean that if you turn on the saturation and add a bit of distortion you could not squeeze the "oomph" out of it, it can get pretty nasty if handled with a maleficent nature.

It sits in the hybrid drums&percussion folder quite well, in my opinion.

I created an overview video for Havoc as well - Hope this helps give a little more info about the library.

This looks really interesting. I got Damage and Evolve a few weeks ago and I am really considering buying this as well, but I am not sure if it will make sense since it seems similar to Damage or Evolve. What are your experiences? Are there a lot different sounds that I can`t find in Damage?

these SL libs are starting to sound dated and all sound very similar except for a couple.
but im very happy to have found that library review youtube channel by don.

Top Bottom