Thoughts on OT Inspire 1&2

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by merlinhimself, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:41 AM.

1. merlinhimself

merlinhimself Senior Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Just wanted to hear from those who own it, how much you use and incorporate these libraries day to day. It seems like between the two there's a lot to use.

mikefrommontreal likes this.
  2. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

I use them almost daily. The small footprint with the larger than life sound really makes it work. It is impressive to see libraries of these size pack in so much detail. It depends on what you have, but these are fantastic tools that I would not want to be without.

3. mikefrommontreal

mikefrommontreal Senior Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Just to piggyback on the OP's questions (as I'm thinking to buy one or both during the sale), but can anyone expand on strengths, weaknesses, highlight sounds, disappointing sounds etc. I've seen the articulation lists so I'm know it' somewhat limited in that department, but any general feedback and thoughts would be appreciated.

4. JT

JT Senior Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Midwest
    Since OT markets Inspire as a tool for a laptop on the go with a small footprint, are they recommending to install this on your computer's HD, instead of a dedicated sample drive?

5. TheSigillite

TheSigillite Senior Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Southern California
    I only have Inspire two (wish I would have known there could have been such a deal on both) but I use it all the time since most of my music is on the softer side (i'm working on this, though). It has some great sounds I don't have elsewhere (the softer harmonium sustain and staccato patch, and the flautando strings), The solo woodwinds are some of my favorites. Some quirks I've found... some of the attacks are incosistent (some samples are very abrupt rather than soft (found this mainly with the choir, B above middle C i believe.) and the legato on a few instruments does this really funky release and attack when i play the same note repeated right after another.). These are just small complaints compared to the overall sounds from that Library which are fantastic! I won't be getting Inspire 1 as at this stage I have libraries that cover their listed articulations and instrumentation. I've created a template on my DAW (i use reaper) and fully loaded with every Inspire it comes in at 4GB. When i playback a piece it tops out at around 8GB. (my laptop is running an i7 (7th gen) with 16GB of RAM) I do store this library on my external Samsung SSD simply because my laptop only has one drive (althgouh i first tried it out and it works just fine) and it loads without issue. If you use Reaper I can send you the template I use for this if it helps.

I told my self, I'm going to compose a few pieces using only single libraries so I can become familiar with them and here is the first one i did with only using Berlin Inspire 2. I'm just a hobbyist tho and this is all for fun so please excuse my composing, mixing, and mastering skills.

6. OP
    OP
    merlinhimself

merlinhimself Senior Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Love it! I think I'm going to buy them today after a bit more looking into. They seem like general well rounded libraries that could fill in gaps and add texture to what I already have. Thanks!

sostenuto likes this.
  7. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Not strong enough with scoring /orchestrating to add helpful technical comment.
    Having had BO_Inspire 1 & 2 since Intro, and now, Time Macro …. it will be some time before running out of cool and capable applications for all three.

Trust you will have similar experiences as well.

8. TheSigillite

TheSigillite Senior Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Southern California
    For the price, I do recommend the bundle. They would cover a lot of ground. Best of luck

9. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    +1 Fantastic best of library !!

10. JT

JT Senior Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Midwest
    First, I bought the 2 Arks, there's a lot there. I originally blew off the idea of the Inspire bundle, because I have a lot of Spitfire stuff that covers these type of sounds. Then I listened to more demos and saw the value in getting the Inspires. They both have a lot of sounds which aren't covered in the first 2 Arks. I think they compliment the Arks nicely and all have that great Teldex sound. Bottom line, I'm glad I bought both bundles and will use them all together.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 8:21 PM
    galactic orange likes this.
  11. tomosane

tomosane New Member

Friday
    Also thinking of getting Inspire 1 & 2 from the current sale as my very first "orchestral" libraries. Really liking what I've heard in the walkthroughs and demos, so here's to hoping they don't fall too short in any particular area :S