What's new

Thoughts on 8dio Adagietto (currently at $48)...?

I'm sure you'll agree there's at least $48 worth of usefulness in it. The legato patches are quite nice and probably worth the price alone (though sometimes I want them to sound a bit more "resiny" than they are - but maybe that wasn't the point).

They may have dropped the price because the cumulative complaints about the off-pitch notes and noises might have slowed sales of the library to a halt. That's my guess. If you can work around, for example, what sounds like a cough in the middle of some violin sustain samples, and a few sustained viola samples that sound like they were recorded by a middle school orchestra, the overall value of the library is definitely worth $48, because the overall sound of the library is beautiful. And most of it is problem-free.

Attached is a sample clip of a song I created using Adagietto's legato ensemble patches. (If my memory serves me correctly, I think I also lightly layered three or four SWAM strings on top for definition.) The violas were given a touch of pitch correction, otherwise they would have been a little too out-of-tune to use.

I bought Adagietto when it dropped from $399 to $119. I distinctly remember making a comment to the effect that the library should have been priced more like around $60 when you take into consideration all the time needed to fix it up. So for $48, I say grab it. At that price, you won't be disappointed.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/autumn-in-the-meadow-strings-mp3.14125/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Hey Polka...

A wonderful and very professional sound. And I never would have guessed that its adagietto.

Excellent value and a lot of content at that price.

Personally I love the dynamic bowing approach that 8dio apply and would get value out of those alone.

Forgive a probably dumb question but is there a way to change the envelope to create a face in and extend the release a bit. I clicked on the wrench and played with the envelope but it did not affect the patch.

bought it.

weird loading of instruments in Kontakt with this one, eh?

am i missing something, but you have to browse using the File menu to add instruments?

bought it.

weird loading of instruments in Kontakt with this one, eh?

am i missing something, but you have to browse using the File menu to add instruments?

Lots of companies don’t want to pay NI to use the library system and so do it this way (Audio Imperia, Keep Forest, HybridTwo to name a few).

You can load them into your quick load menu to make things easier.

Lots of companies don’t want to pay NI to use the library system and so do it this way (Audio Imperia, Keep Forest, HybridTwo to name a few).

You can load them into your quick load menu to make things easier.

still new to Kontakt.

Quick Load works great, thanks!

wow, these are really nice.

If you consider it - read the EULA.

this?

This license forbids any re-distribution method of this product, or its sounds, through any means, including but not limited to, re-sampling, mixing, processing, isolating, or embedding into software or hardware of any kind, for the purpose of re-recording or reproduction as part of any free or commercial library of musical and/or sound effect samples and/or articulations, or any form of musical sample or sound effect sample playback system or device or on a stand alone basis.

this?

This license forbids any re-distribution method of this product, or its sounds, through any means, including but not limited to, re-sampling, mixing, processing, isolating, or embedding into software or hardware of any kind, for the purpose of re-recording or reproduction as part of any free or commercial library of musical and/or sound effect samples and/or articulations, or any form of musical sample or sound effect sample playback system or device or on a stand alone basis.

That and above all this:
3. Refunds:
All sales are final and your purchase is not refundable, so please choose your selection carefully.

That and above all this:
3. Refunds:
All sales are final and your purchase is not refundable, so please choose your selection carefully.

something i learned to check AFTER I bought Ark 1 and 3.

but for $48 (i got another minor discount for subscribing), not really a concern.

AND the library is impressive.

keeper - not that i have a choice.

i think this EULA might be a concern for someone editing out some of the "flaws" in the library and sharing.

Last edited:
Very similar EULA as most every Kontakt developer out there.

Gearnostalgia is just on a personal crusade against 8dio. See his other thread.
I did and that thread is locked now. At any rate, this is a great deal for a good library . Does Adagietto have it's faults , sure , but there isn't one string library out there that is perfect . I'm actually quite fond of sound of the basses and cellos from Adagietto . Sample libraries for the different sections are like ingredients for a recipe and the composer is the chef who puts those different ingredients together to make something cohesive and beautiful out of that. You will need more than one string , brass , and woodwind library at the end of the day . It's just a reality.

Very similar EULA as most every Kontakt developer out there.

Gearnostalgia is just on a personal crusade against 8dio. See his other thread.

I have not experienced this from any onther dealer, but you are right, it seems that many have these onesided contracts. But it would be unfair of me to warn about others that I have no experience with, don't you think?

Top Bottom