What's new

Though the Seasons Change (emotional cello, insolidus, the grandeur, albion V etc)

Owen Smith

As Autumn approaches here in Northeastern US, I wrote a fairly simple composition called "Though the Seasons Change." The track is using nature sounds from Forest Kingdom 2, some subtle pads from Blura Red, The Grandeur piano from NI, Insolidus choir, Emotional Cello, celesta from the Kontakt Factory Library, some back ground strings combining Albion V and 8dio Adagietto). Feedback is welcome. Thanks for listening!

Thanks for info about Forest Kingdom 2 content. i knowed all other things but forgotted nature sounds what i also want use. I hope i get someday setup what allows all my visions done. Soon i get new computer i try really focus composing.

Really nice music.

Thank you very much JPQ! I appreciate your comments. Yes, I find nature to be very inspiring and enjoy using background nature sounds in my compositions. Even if you can't get Forest Kingdom 2 or another library with these sounds right now, you can often find free recordings (wav files) of nature sounds if you search online. Cheers!

Thank you very much JPQ! I appreciate your comments. Yes, I find nature to be very inspiring and enjoy using background nature sounds in my compositions. Even if you can't get Forest Kingdom 2 or another library with these sounds right now, you can often find free recordings (wav files) of nature sounds if you search online. Cheers!

i know but sometimes these free ones there is licencing things. and even Logic (what phase soon toStudio On and PC side) has nice library such sounds. i try put my music soon other users to comments.

Beautiful piece, though I'm not sure the record static adds to it. LOL! I remember when we didn't want that sound.

Beautiful piece, though I'm not sure the record static adds to it. LOL! I remember when we didn't want that sound.
Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would think that's what it was. It's actually a recording of wind through leaves in the woods, but without knowing what it is it can totally sound like static. Do you think it would be better off with that recording totally removed or do you any idea on how to make it more distinguishable for what it really is? Thanks again.

Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would think that's what it was. It's actually a recording of wind through leaves in the woods, but without knowing what it is it can totally sound like static. Do you think it would be better off with that recording totally removed or do you any idea on how to make it more distinguishable for what it really is? Thanks again.
I live in a very windy area. So I know wind tends to sound like static if you don't get the whistling sound with it. But for leaves? Maybe something like the wooden windchime sounds? I don't know how to describe what I'm thinking of, rustling paper? It has to have a soft hitting sound mixed with the static to get the leaves rustling sound, I think. Or maybe one of those rain sticks with the beans inside? Hopefully something will click for you with what you have to work with?

Top Bottom