What's new

Those wonderful Embertone solo strings are on sale

Edit - my pricing below is wrong! Check Fleer's post below.

I knew there would be a thread about this before I got back.
Ha!
It is quite tempting. The discount isn't entirely accurate as if you purchase all 4 libraries from Embertone, you get the fourth one free (unless that's changed recently). So really the price for the bundle should be $375 USD. Still at $200 USD it's still a sizable discount.

Last edited:
Embertone is still charging $500.
I've been using them these last months with my other orchestral libraries and they're top notch. Later found out they even add a patch for use with an iPad as an expression tool. Quite remarkable:

Embertone is still charging $500.
I've been using them these last months with my other orchestral libraries and they're top notch. Later found out they even add a patch for use with an iPad as an expression tool. Quite remarkable:

$500!! Really? When did that happen? Damn, well that makes a big difference.

$500!! Really? When did that happen? Damn, well that makes a big difference.

Even recent reviews show the price for bundle at $375 so perhaps they raised it recently. It doesn't make sense to have a bundled group at same price as the parts - where is the incentive to get them all otherwise? :unsure:

It still looks like a good deal though and the reviews are very good. https://soundbytesmag.net/embertoneintimatestringssolo/

Even recent reviews show the price for bundle at $375 so perhaps they raised it recently. It doesn't make sense to have a bundled group at same price as the parts - where is the incentive to get them all otherwise? :unsure:

It still looks like a good deal though and the reviews are very good. https://soundbytesmag.net/embertoneintimatestringssolo/

Looks like the solo strings bundle was originally $375 but they put it up to $500 for this deal - here's the google cache of the original solo strings bundle page showing the price of $375:

https://webcache.googleusercontent....ments/issbundle.php+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I guess its more like 45% off rather than 60% off.

IIRC the bundle was $500 originally, then on sale for $375 and now back to $500.
Anyway, $199 is a no-brainer compared to what these beauties are normally sold at or even when they're on sale. It's their lowest price by a mile. If I wouldn't have them already, I'd jump.

Edit:
And you also get a $25 coupon. Love that Crystal Flute library they made. There's also an new "sensual" sax.

Last edited:
If I weren't already using Sample Modeling strings, I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat. It's one of the best fully sample-based solo libraries I've heard.

Quick question: do these strings not have any spiccato patches? No mention of them on any of the product pages and I can't seem to find a full articulation list anywhere.

Quick question: do these strings not have any spiccato patches? No mention of them on any of the product pages and I can't seem to find a full articulation list anywhere.
The staccato articulation length can be easily brought to a nice short spiccato with a MIDI CC controller.

Sorry I have Embertone strings only, one comparison would be the price)

Yes surely the Embertone Strings are attractive from a pricing perspective given the current discount offer, Chris Hein Solo Strings Complete Collection costs $599 , compared to $199 for the Embertone Solo Strings Bundle (Special Discounted Price 60% off, regularly around $500).

But, from a quality, diversity, playability ..etc. what's the general consensus about this perspective ? Which one would you pick if they were equally priced ?

Some of impressions on the embertone strings are here:
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/embertone-solo-strings-bundle.59739/

"
If you're looking for a full set of solo strings, there are many choices. What speaks for the embertone string bundle is the current price of 199USD (there is a time limit on how long it is available), the impressive timbre/bow position + dynamic control and the quality of the bass, where the other instruments are being enhanced to a similar level. This is not to say that you will not get a wonderful Violin, Viola, and Cello, you will get a wonderful sounding which with the planned updates to those instruments will offer your more additional features. Embertone can be your go to library: not expensive and very flexible. In short, the four instrument sound terrific."

with all due respect....... but I believe it is said before that thorsten is affiliated with the apd company. Take his comments in that context. Embertone products speak (or sound) for themselves.

thorsten, might be respectful to mention this as well. as other members on vi-control do likewise when they pose their views on products.

I totally agree Embertone products sound for themselves.
with all due respect....... but I believe it is said before that thorsten is affiliated with the apd company. Take his comments in that context. Embertone products speak (or sound) for themselves.

thorsten, might be respectful to mention this as well. as other members on vi-control do likewise when they pose their views on products.

He clearly doesn't care and the admins don't care either. He regularly posts on here with affiliate links and in every other thread mentioning the product with more affiliate links but nothing has ever been done about it.

Its probably tough to compare since I doubt too many folks have every solo string instrument or package.
These seem to be more or less talked about:

CineStrings SOLO - 400
Christ Hein Solo Strings - 600
Spitfire Solo Strings (no bass) - 229
Macabre Solo String (no bass) - 179
Adagio - 500 current sale price
Virharmonic - 150 euros per instrument Violn & Cello
VSL - 275 to 700 euros

Do the others ever go on sale? Do they ever get close to 200? How does spitfire compare as that seems close but has no bass? If CineStrings is the best of the lot (as some seem to think) is it worth waiting for a sale?

Leaving off Macabre which is less general purpose is there anyway to objectively judge which has the best sound or is the best instrument?

Then there is SampleModeling's SWAM based (Solo Violin, Viola, and Cello). at 129. Euros each. although they use physical modeling plus a bit of sampling. These consume very little disc space compared to sample based options.

Top Bottom