What's new

This sample library is nowhere to be found!

HBen

Yes, the website is no longer available, I am also interested in getting a copy. Any ideas to get this?

Last edited:
OP
N

Niah2

Yes, the website is no longer available, I am also interested in getting a copy. Any ideas to get this?
It's so frustrating because there's nothing like it in the market. It sounds absolutely amazing !

Lode_Runner

That's a shame, I hadn't heard about it until now, it sounds beautiful. I did a search and noticed a thread on gearslutz where someone posted that the website was down back in 2016, so it looks like it was only available for a couple of years.

Maybe someone who bought it has an email address for the company?

YaniDee

I'm usually pretty good at solving Internet mysteries..this time, like the rest of you, I failed at solving the riddle. Maybe, the designer passed away, or got abducted by aliens..who knows. Yes the library sounds awesome and unique.Welcoming further sleuthing from more capable hands...

chillbot

Sock Muppet
Man it's old though... I remember the episode I was working on when I bought it... was trying to snatch up anything Greek/Mediterranean-sounding. Can't remember the exact year but I want to say it was circa 2008?

Mike Greene

My guess is that whoever was selling that library, along with a few other "fell of the face of the earth" developers (Mark Belbin comes to mind) are no longer in business because it isn't worth the cost, and more importantly, the headache involved in hosting a website, dealing with customers, and all the other things that go into keeping a product available. In my own case, I had a company (Sampleholics) that sold Stylus RMX packs. It was fun to make the packs, but sales were very low and tech support was a PIA so I pulled the plug on it.

So here's something that might be worth pursuing. If we contacted these guys and asked them to host the products on our end, then the products would still be available and the developers would make a few bucks, but with no headache. This wouldn't be a traditional reseller or distributor, it would simply be a host for otherwise dead libraries. No tech support, no returns, no resale, no ads, no nothin' that involves work beyond hosting and sending automated links.

I still own the Sampleholics domain, so that could be used. Or maybe a separate VI-C page? My plate is plenty full right now, mind you, so I have no desire to create another job for myself, but both Sampleholics and VI-C are already set up with shopping cart stuff in place, so the work involved could be pretty minimal.

Just a thought. The hardest part would probably be finding contact info for these guys, so if anyone wants to do that (or any other aspect of this), we might be able to make this happen.

DarkestShadow

I think that's a really great idea! Hope it works out!
There are surely a lot of gems that just won't be sold anymore (or only via DVD from a few random shops).
Often older libraries that are off the market are rough but still sometimes have an interesting tonal character... like the old Sonivox (Sonic Implants) Harp Collection or the stone old Giga Piano.

d.healey

Music Monkey
So here's something that might be worth pursuing. If we contacted these guys and asked them to host the products on our end, then the products would still be available and the developers would make a few bucks, but with no headache. This wouldn't be a traditional reseller or distributor, it would simply be a host for otherwise dead libraries. No tech support, no returns, no resale, no ads, no nothin' that involves work beyond hosting and sending automated links.
This is pretty much what I did when Vin Sound announced it was shutting down

Releasing it into the public domain (or some similar free license) would be a good option if they aren't interested in making money from the library any more.

The hardest part would probably be finding contact info for these guys, so if anyone wants to do that (or any other aspect of this), we might be able to make this happen.
They are a member of this forum so presumably you have an email address for them ;) Probably not in use any more though...

reids

Very odd. Yea, they could always sell the rights to it to another developer or vst reseller...or be added as a freeware. Hearing no response since 2014 is a long time.

NYC Composer

Mark Belbin is an interesting case. Though they are difficult to use and pretty quirky, I’m a huge fan of his Wavelore instruments and use them extensively. He wrote a post about a friend who was very ill and then offered his entire catalogue at a very good price as a fundraiser for said friend, then he vanished. I hope he’s okay.

rrichard63

Perpetual Novice
... If we contacted these guys and asked them to host the products on our end, then the products would still be available and the developers would make a few bucks, but with no headache. This wouldn't be a traditional reseller or distributor, it would simply be a host for otherwise dead libraries. No tech support, no returns, no resale, no ads, no nothin' that involves work beyond hosting and sending automated links. ...
Does it make more sense to pay the original developers a royalty, or to buy the rights from them for a lump sum?

By the way, in another thread on this forum Impact Soundworks expressed an interest in taking over the maintenance and distribution of Wavelore products and said they hadn't been able to find Mark to make him an offer. Maybe what's really needed here is someone who knows how to find these long-lost developers.

germancomponist

My guess is that whoever was selling that library, along with a few other "fell of the face of the earth" developers (Mark Belbin comes to mind) are no longer in business because it isn't worth the cost, and more importantly, the headache involved in hosting a website, dealing with customers, and all the other things that go into keeping a product available. In my own case, I had a company (Sampleholics) that sold Stylus RMX packs. It was fun to make the packs, but sales were very low and tech support was a PIA so I pulled the plug on it.

I still own the Sampleholics domain, so that could be used. Or maybe a separate VI-C page? My plate is plenty full right now, mind you, so I have no desire to create another job for myself, but both Sampleholics and VI-C are already set up with shopping cart stuff in place, so the work involved could be pretty minimal.

Just a thought. The hardest part would probably be finding contact info for these guys, so if anyone wants to do that (or any other aspect of this), we might be able to make this happen.
Oh what a great person you are, Mike!!!

Top Bottom