What's new

This may seem like a dumb question...

Buckles

Heya guys,

I know you guys know this like the back of your hand...but Im just not too sure how it works...

How do you set up another computer as a slave? So say I wanted it to help out with my EWQL orchestrations....do I have to load the samples onto that computer, or...heck, im not sure at all. And Im guessing it works through a network connection, am I right?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

-s

Hey Scott (have I mentioned thats a great name?),

the cheapest way out is to run FX Teleport. That way you can link two or more computers without having to spring for expensive sound cards or even a midi interface.

The simplest way to do it is;

- buy two network cards (assuming your mobo's dont have onboard LAN) Preferably Gigabit cards. (much greater bandwidth)

- buy one network crossover cable. (If you are not running through a switch it has to be crossover) Make it CAT6 - not Cat5, not even Cat5e

Install the cards into both computers, if you are running XP you can run a networking wizard to set it up.

Jump over to FX-Max.com and buy or d/load a demo of FX Teleport.

1. Install the host version of FXT on your Host machine (the one running the sequencer)
2. Install the slave version of the software on the slave machine.
3. You need to install the libs you need on your slave. For example, EWQLSO Gold would need to be installed on both computers.

When you run projects in the future you should then have an option to open either EWQLSO or EWQLSO(LAN) (being the slave version)

Thats probably the easiest way I can think of to quickly get a slave machine going.

Indeed...a fantastic name it is :P

Thanks soo much for that info Scott. Ive heard stuff about FXteleport but wasnt sure what it was in relation to.

You da man!

-s

Top Bottom