What's new

This isn't Goodbye, Grogu! (inspired by "The Mandalorian")

Ahmad Ali

After watching the season finale of The Mandalorian, I had the urge to write an emotional little piece inspired by an incredible scene that had me in tears. So I came up with this little tune.

Update: I uploaded an alternative version with a string arrangement at the end.

Attachments

• This isn't goodbye alt1.mp3
    7.7 MB
Last edited:
Really enjoyed the contrast between the sober beginning and the happier middle section with the synth line, which took me by surprise in a very pleasant way! Not a fan of robot hi hats but that's just my own hangup. I haven't watched the show so I can't know what exactly you were affected by, but the music definitely fits the title.

Really enjoyed the contrast between the sober beginning and the happier middle section with the synth line, which took me by surprise in a very pleasant way! Not a fan of robot hi hats but that's just my own hangup. I haven't watched the show so I can't know what exactly you were affected by, but the music definitely fits the title.
Glad you liked it. It's a bitter sweet moment and I wanted the track to reflect that.

The hi hats were a nod to Ludwig Goransson's score as he used them frequently on the show. Wasn't a fan of them myself but I grew to like them and I felt they were appropriate since the piece is roughly inspired by his score.

You should give the show a watch. It's really great.

Top Bottom