What's new

Third Party EXS odd after Logic update??

teammwrp

Hello,

We've been scratching our heads about this at the studio, so hopefully one of you knows what's going on?

In short, we have a number of third-party EXS24 instruments which worked perfectly fine in Logic 9. Upon updating to Logic X, though, a good number of those EXS24 instruments, especially those from old Giga libraries, aren't connecting; when trying to open one, we will get the error message < EXS24 instrument "INSTRUMENT_NAME.exs": Audio file "INSTRUMENT_NAME.wav" not found! >

If we then try to open that same exact patch in Logic X, it will open without a hitch, and then all subsequent reopenings of that patch in Logic 9 or Logic X will work just fine.

We've uninstalled and reinstalled 9; uninstalled and reinstalled X; reset all the applicable EXS folders (like in the Application Support/Logic s); redone aliases; redone symbolic links; imported known healthy folders from otherwise identical computers, and probably some more things I can't remember off the top of my head at the mo'.

None of this works. 9 still refuses to see a bulk of our EXS24 patches until we first open them up in X.

--

Have any of you encountered this before? What exactly is going on? o_O

Saxer

Never had any issues like that. But maybe the new update 10.4.2 could help as it's now possible to locate the EXS library on other than system drives and set a direct connection to that drive. Just a thought...

OP
T

teammwrp

Unfortunately, can't update to 10.4.2 on that computer at the moment - and the computer that is on 10.4.2 never had that problem. However, I do believe that it stands a good chance of fixing the issue if/when I can implement. I guess we'll see...

Nick Batzdorf

What OS version are you running?

There are some issues with a previous Logic version (or versions?) under High Sierra not finding some instruments and template files. I believe that's fixed now, but I wonder whether that's related.

It has to do with symbolic links not working.

And I bet you think I have the faintest idea what those are. :)

Top Bottom