What's new

The Unfinished Zebra Dark Editions

Matt adores Zebra & really puts a focus on the Dark Zebra editions,taking advantage of the better filters and the extra modules.
I‘m always surprised how most soundset developers that make presets for Zebra don’t make DZ editions like Matt does.
Be careful there is a ton of great Dark Zebra choices available on the Unfinished website,highly recommended 👍

Matt adores Zebra & really puts a focus on the Dark Zebra editions,taking advantage of the better filters and the extra modules.
I‘m always surprised how most soundset developers that make presets for Zebra don’t make DZ editions like Matt does.
Be careful there is a ton of great Dark Zebra choices available on the Unfinished website,highly recommended 👍
I agree. When I use Zebra2 or ZebraHZ then most of the time it is one of Matt's presets. Contrary to most people I also like a lot of the factory presets, but his stuff is pretty damn good.

I agree. When I use Zebra2 or ZebraHZ then most of the time it is one of Matt's presets. Contrary to most people I also like a lot of the factory presets, but his stuff is pretty damn good.
+1 I like the stock Zebra presets as well.
My two all time favorite preset magicians are Howard and Matt.
What I particularly love about Howard’s presets are that they are musical and are actually useful.
My biggest gripe with some companies synth presets or many sample-set developers is they make what initially sounds impressive, providing mindblowing presets that ultimately I find unusable.
When you try to use them they don’t really fit the music & you have to write to the preset,they’re just too identifiable. Instead of writing music you’re trying to patch together a preset montage.
The Zebra presets work,they are musical and beautiful and Howard’s depth and grasp of artistic functionality for me is unparalleled,his presets might be subtle(this might sound off the wall) but he reminds me of Miles.
He knows how to leave space,create a mood and color making every note count,he didn’t have the flashiest chops but the impact of each note and phrase had weight and substance of a master.

For me this applies to both Matt and Howard.

I want presets that work & are malleable not presets that steal the show.

Last edited:
OK... so you are talking about the stock ZebraHZ presets? Or are there other Howard Scarr Zebra presets available somewhere? If so, can you recommend some?

Last edited:
If you look in the U-he website a substantial amount of the soundsets are his creations.
In my mind Howard is such an enormous talent in the synth-world he’s earned enough notoriety & stature that myself and many people just refer to him as Howard,lol

Here’s a few 👍

Last edited:
I have an unfinished (*rolls eyes*) soundset for Hive that I started before even version 1.5 came out!

I need to take a closer look at the new stuff (wavetables etc.) and finish the thing off. :)
Hey Matt!
Would you please “FINISH” the damn soundset! You’re turning into a unfinished slacker,lol!
😜

Last edited:
Top Bottom