What's new

The sound of NI Symphony Series?

jaketanner

I have come to really like the sound of this library. I know it's by Audiobro, but I don't think it has a similar sound as LASS. Does anyone own a library that has a very close sound, but with more articulations?

I have this library. Really love the long’s, but the short articulations sounds edgy and sharp to me. Auto divisi is just lovely to use! I wish there will be more articulations.

I have this library. Really love the long’s, but the short articulations sounds edgy and sharp to me. Auto divisi is just lovely to use! I wish there will be more articulations.

Me too...since this is a newer library from Audiobro, I am hoping that LASS 3 will have a similar tone, but more more in depth.

As for the shorts...say the cellos. Disable the reverb, disable the stereo mic, and use the close and mid...then go into the setup and choose cello B...those sound really nice to me. to use both with separate volumes, unfortunately you need two instances..how great would it be to have had a mix slider for the divisi sections as well? LOL Anyway. let me know if that sounds less sharp to you. And I'm assuming you mean harsh with some bite, rather than intonation? Never noticed intonation, but a little actually helps with the fullness and sounding a bit more natural.

I got the MSB and truly love it and I’m having faith that LASS 3 will be simply amazing.

Back to the NI symphony series Strings, I wish staccato can be a bit longer (it sounds like staccatissimo), so far staccato and spiccato sound very similar to me. Tone wise it’s a very decent library.

Me too...since this is a newer library from Audiobro, I am hoping that LASS 3 will have a similar tone, but more more in depth.

As for the shorts...say the cellos. Disable the reverb, disable the stereo mic, and use the close and mid...then go into the setup and choose cello B...those sound really nice to me. to use both with separate volumes, unfortunately you need two instances..how great would it be to have had a mix slider for the divisi sections as well? LOL Anyway. let me know if that sounds less sharp to you. And I'm assuming you mean harsh with some bite, rather than intonation? Never noticed intonation, but a little actually helps with the fullness and sounding a bit more natural.
I like the mid/far combo for most instruments/articulations in this lib. I sometimes use the close, but never the stereo. And I also stick to the smaller groups. But I like most of the Symphony Series more than most here.

Yeah, more articulations would be ideal. But it fits my needs. Ignorance is bliss as this is my only orchestral string lib.

I like the mid/far combo for most instruments/articulations in this lib. I sometimes use the close, but never the stereo. And I also stick to the smaller groups. But I like most of the Symphony Series more than most here.

Yeah, more articulations would be ideal. But it fits my needs. Ignorance is bliss as this is my only orchestral string lib.

I recently used the divisi viola dry, and used it in place of an actual harmonic sample...sounded terrific! Doesn't matter that it wasn't an actual harmonic, as long as it got the job done. I love the sound of the bow on string libraries...at least to have the option of smaller is nice. Very similar to what I hear in the SF Studio series...

The only think I don't care for about NI symphony is I find some of the legato a bit overblown. Other than that I kind of like the whole series.

If you are tired of inspiring well put together demos that fill you with wonder at the potential for a new library and you want to hear what it can do in the hands of a rank amateur who should have stuck to guitar, this track is pretty much 100% symphony series.

Sound is pretty decent! But for me, coming from CSS as my main library, the legato solution is very bad. Only portamento and bowed legato! Portamento sounds great, but you wouldn't use it all the time. The bowed legato however doesn't sound like any true legato at all to me, it's almost like a sustain patch.

Sound is pretty decent! But for me, coming from CSS as my main library, the legato solution is very bad. Only portamento and bowed legato! Portamento sounds great, but you wouldn't use it all the time. The bowed legato however doesn't sound like any true legato at all to me, it's almost like a sustain patch.

Are you using the essentials or full version? There is big difference between the two.

Are you using the essentials or full version? There is big difference between the two.
Full version, I bought KU12 CE two weeks ago. Still, there is no fingered or slurred legato, only bowed legato if you don't want portamento.
This video told me the best workaround for that (3:05):

Top Bottom