What's new

The Shropshire thread

No sorry @jimjazzuk , I used to write a bit of production music when I was in house at a corporate video production company a long time ago, but that's about it. I doubt that will be relevant to your query. I have a few friends who work in the field - I guess if it's a very general thing I might be able to help? but I imagine you might get more specific advice from the many folks on here who write library/production music full-time. Feel free to pm me if you like though.

Just ask - that's the only way you'll find out if anyone can suggest anything useful.....

Hi guys -
now that derestriction looms large on the horizon, perhaps we could consider another meeting of minds?

Sometimes go the Shropshire climbing centre for a spot of bouldering! Lovely area, if the right house pops up might move there from Stafford.

perhaps we could consider another meeting of minds?
Hi Bene - yes absolutely ... but ... shall we wait a couple of weeks until we know what's happening with the final stage of lockdown removal, as I think there might be more than 6 of us?

For better or worse, restrictions have lifted and we can finally consider dates+locations for another composers’ meeting.
How does a Sunday evening in September sound?

Yep - good for me -19th or 26th would be preferable if possible for everyone else? I have a significant deadline on the 17th that I'm already cramming for.

Ha - looks like it's just you and me @BeneJ !! - If it ends up staying like that then by all means just come over to my place and I'll give you the 'studio tour' (It's just a 5 by 4 glorified shed at the bottom of the garden but it's quite pleasant - I'm hoping our kitchen / house extension might be finished by then too - it's been going on since start of May!! - building materials in scarce supply through whole of UK since brexshit ). I really just work in the box of course but very happy to talk through my template / set-up for the tv work if interested?

If we get any more, and particularly if Phil joining us then lets keep to our plan/promise of heading to Bridgnorth - & can do something at mine some other time - I actually don't know the town at all and would love to see it - heard it's very nice!

so @pmountford @rollasoc @shropshirelad @I like music @Vonk @Alex Fraser @jimjazzuk @ffion @d4vec4rter @MarcusD - and @ anyone else within driving distance of Shropshire - I'm poking a big virtual stick at you all :)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a maybe. Domestic complications at the moment make it seem unlikely, but I will join up at a later date. Could also host a studio visit at some time. I need Covid paranoia-free conditions is all, and that isn't yet.

I am in Worcester. Would be interested if not too far north. Bridgnorth great for me.
Great, we'll do Bridgnorth then! :)
Hi, I'm a maybe. Domestic complications at the moment make it seem unlikely, but I will join up at a later date. Could also host a studio visit at some time. I need Covid paranoia-free conditions is all, and that isn't yet.
No problem Vonk - if it helps we could perhaps meet outside, weather permitting? Also happy to report that I'm double-jabbed - others might not mind disclosing that info too? but I guess that's very much down to the individuals... strange situation isn't it? Who would have thought 18 months ago that such conversations might precede a trip to the pub? Previously my only concern would have been if they serve decent beers or not.

Darn. Looks like I'm actually gonna have to think of somewhere to meet up then as Bridgnorth is on my doorstep... Who's silly idea was this meetup? (Here's looking at you @chrisr 😉 ) And I was just starting to get used to becoming a recluse...

@pmountford @chrisr
Hi sorry I took so long to reply. Unfortunately needless to say, I haven’t got a free week-day evening at all this month. I hope the two of you will meet up in my absence!

Hey Salopians! I'm about to move move back to my home county and wondered if any of you guys are up for a meet up in the new year? I've been working on some library music albums alongside my other work and would be cool to geek out on samples etc!

Hey Salopians! I'm about to move move back to my home county and wondered if any of you guys are up for a meet up in the new year? I've been working on some library music albums alongside my other work and would be cool to geek out on samples etc!
Just name a place + date

I'll be in Shrewsbury - would people be happy to meet up there?
In music terms I'm a complete amateur (only got going a few years ago) so can't add much in that department, but I do live in the county so I guess I qualify. Yeah, Shrewsbury is easy for me.

Top Bottom