What's new

The Rubber Band Box By MODWHEEL- Free for a short time

Thank you! I really love it.

Not in any way to complain, but it crashed my DAW (Sonar) twice and then repeatedly crashed Kontakt standalone. Is this just me or has anybody else had this problem? I'm using Windows 10.

I'm just telling you so you hear about this bug (assuming there is a problem that goes beyond me) and fix it before the Rubber Band Box goes on sale.
There seems to be a bug in Kontakt 5.6 that makes patches that use tone machine a bit fragile. When using the tone machine patches (patches 3-6), let them fully load before playing or upgrade to Kontakt 5.7 where I believe they have fixed it. We initially made the instrument in 5.5 and only recently took it to 5.6
We thought it was a bit soon to release as a 5.7 instrument.

Last edited:
There seems to be a bug in Kontakt 5.6 that makes patches that use tone machine a bit fragile. When using the tone machine patches, let them fully load before playing or upgrade to Kontakt 5.7 where I believe they have fixed it. We initially made the instrument in 5.5 and only recently took it to 5.6
We thought it was a bit soon to release as a 5.7 instrument.

Thank you, David. I had 5.7 and upgraded to 5.7.1, but I think the issue was I was too enthusiastic and didn't wait long enough for the patches to load. It works fine now!

IMHO this is on an entirely other level than the Spitfire Rubber Band Box. They've got their work cut out for them if they're going to try to catch up. 8 round robins for 4 rubber bands! Yeah!

Thanks. I'll pick this freebee up when I purchase The Lowdown (before the end of the month).

BTW, you guys make the most aesthetically compelling and absurdly thoughtful promo videos for sample libraries I've ever seen. Off the top of my head I can't think of a 2nd place that's even close.

Thanks Quasar. Glad they are appreciated. After spending weeks doing the hard slog of recording, editing and laying up samples, making the videos becomes the fun part again.
Although it is a real buzz when you finally put all the samples in place and get to hear what you have actually made. They do take on a life of their own.
By the way I'm pretty sure The Lowdown V2 won't disappoint.

Modwheel, you keep rocking my world. I've just watched your Max Steingold C/T video transfixed to the very end. So much wonderful in one place. Thank you.

Thanks for the cool lib!
As a young one, I was one hell of a rubber band cigar box slinger. I also played a mean archery bow.

Top Bottom