What's new

The Rubber Band Box By MODWHEEL- Free for a short time

catsass

Señor Member
Thanks for the cool lib!
As a young one, I was one hell of a rubber band cigar box slinger. I also played a mean archery bow.

Quasar

The Bass Banjo is almost ready to go. Keep an ear to the ground.
Wow, really, really fucking good. I've fallen down a rabbit hole exploring of Thrashing Marlin videos, and have become a fan. Devo-ish maybe, not in an imitative sense, but in the spirit of creatively playing with music genres and challenging the stereotypes and expectations associated with them... Most definitely 21st century art.

StillLife

I just got this this morning thinking it might be a gimmicky thing, surely those demo's couldn't come from a rubber band box? But, wow, it is really good! Easy, creative. What a great gift! Immediately went back to the site to get Perc+ Redux. And that Biscuit Tin Guitar also seems very nice. Glad to have discovered this.

OP
David Donaldson

David Donaldson

When we first released RUBBER BAND BOX some people had an issue with the 4 patches that used Kontakt's Tone Machine function. This was caused by a bug in Kontakt 5.6.6 that we were unaware of, which NI fixed in Kontakt 5.7.3 but not everyone wanted to do that upgrade, so we've finally found some time to go back and re-jig those patches, which now should be a lot more stable. It's still a 5.6.6 release and as a gesture of goodwill, we've once again made it available as a free download until the end of July.
If you aren't having any issues there is no reason to update. If you are, or didn't get it the first time around, then we suggest you follow the link and download RUBBER BAND BOX before we start charging for it in August.
We haven't changed any patch names, or samples, so the new download can just replace the previous version without causing any issues for old sessions.
If you need a reminder of what an awesome instrument this is, watch the videos earlier in this thread.
http://www.modwheel.co.nz/rubberband-box

OP
David Donaldson

David Donaldson

Last day today to get the Rubber Band Box for free. It will cost $15.00 from tomorrow, which will still be a bargain.

And because not enough people have watched this piece of musical and cinematic brilliance, which has nothing to do with the Rubber Band Box, here's a track and vid we made a few years ago, (when we were still clean cut) which features the real Biscuit Tin guitar, before we turned into a MODWHEEL virtual instrument.

Top Bottom