What's new

The river - emotional piece with Simple cello

Jrettetsoh

Cool. The piano n cello fit well n were well written/played. The Sospiro strings didn’t fit, in tone, and I think neither in the writing. On another note, I heard the simple violin had a lag issue for one fellow; I was wondering how the simple cello was in this regard. I like it’s tone. Also, what piano and strings ensemble did you use. Thanks for helping me with Black Friday!

OP
freecham

freecham

Thanks for listening and for constructive criticism ! It's always interessing to have opinions from other musicians. For the piano, i used the Imperfect Samples Braunschweig and for the accordeon, le Parisien (Wavefactory). There no other strings ensemble apart Sospiro on this track. I had thought to use Alder Cello and Alder violin (Waverunner) or Light & Sound chamber strings for the strings part. Simple Cello have a really beautiful tone but i noticed the lag too. I had to edit the midi for some notes. It is probably possible to use the compensation delay fonction to address this issue (track delay). But it"s hard to find a "emotional" cello at this price !

Jrettetsoh

Ah, right, I meant to say the Accordion didn’t fit. The Sospiro Strings part was nice. Listening again, I think you could write the accordion as support rather than a competing counterpoint. Otherwise my flow n attention gets divided into lines that don’t flow as complements. Because I assume the cello is the focus, and I like it here as such, it’s sonic front position makes sense to me. And thanks for the report on lag! I need something directly playable; it’s not inspiring to edit midi. So, yeah, I’m looking at the Emotional Cello.

Jrettetsoh

Just to clarify, because I really like the cello tone too—the lag makes direct emotional flow in playing not possible?

rmak

I want to write a composition with solo instruments like this. I am considering light and sound for its low price, and trying to figure out how I would use it. I don't have an ensemble strings at the moment, just the emotional solos. But anyhow, good composition with simple cello!

OP
freecham

freecham

Ah, right, I meant to say the Accordion didn’t fit. The Sospiro Strings part was nice. Listening again, I think you could write the accordion as support rather than a competing counterpoint. Otherwise my flow n attention gets divided into lines that don’t flow as complements. Because I assume the cello is the focus, and I like it here as such, it’s sonic front position makes sense to me. And thanks for the report on lag! I need something directly playable; it’s not inspiring to edit midi. So, yeah, I’m looking at the Emotional Cello.

Ok, i understand now ! it's worth trying to integrate the accordion in a different way. Anyway, i love accordion but i find it tricky to make it sound with the other instruments in an orchestration. Emotional Cello is a good choice because the tone is close to Simple Cello but you'll get more articulations and a better live playability.

Just to clarify, because I really like the cello tone too—the lag makes direct emotional flow in playing not possible?

I find that the expressivity of this cello is very great but the fast passages can be complicated. It may be necessary to record the cello first. For the slower passage, it's easier.

nice composition! keep it going.

Thanks rmak !

I want to write a composition with solo instruments like this. I am considering light and sound for its low price, and trying to figure out how I would use it. I don't have an ensemble strings at the moment, just the emotional solos. But anyhow, good composition with simple cello!

Light & Sound chamber strings is very good and i believe it fit well in this type of composition. It's great for slow music and have a lot of mics positions for scupt the sound.

Top Bottom