What's new

The Result of my HZ Mockup Journey (So Far)

Love and respect your programming/arrangements of HZ's stellar movie scores! Full of passion and emotion. Powerful but unobtrusive. Delicate but efficacious. Truly enjoyed the whole journey!
Much respect, Ashton.

What I think is: Why did you do this?

It’s tons of fun, rather challenging, and super informative. When you recreate music, you are essentially reverse engineering it to better understand how it was written. Doing mockups is sort of hitting two birds with one stone because it forces you to think about not only the musical elements like harmony and orchestration, but also the whole production. It’s also a great ear exercise, as I don’t have the scores to any of these.

Last edited:
It’s tons of fun, rather challenging, and super informative. When you recreate music, you are essentially reverse engineering it to better understand how it was written. Doing mockups is sort of hitting two birds with one stone because it forces you to think about not only the musical elements like harmony and orchestration, but also the whole production. It’s also a great ear exercise, as I don’t have the scores to any of these.
I agree with you 100%. You learn a lot in this way.

Hi all,

I just finished putting together a suite of music that over the past year I've arranged and programmed, from scores such as Interstellar, the Last Samurai, Inception, and more. It's been a huge passion project, and I've learned tons along the way.

I'd love to know what you think. :)

All the best,
Ashton

Great work, Ashton! Big fan of your tutorials and work.

-Dave

Totally agree, it is one of the best ways to learn. Much respect, Ashton.
Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom