What's new

The real reason I haven't purchased samples in over a year

Rodney Money

On V.I. avoiding work.
So basically I've been pouring all my resources in producing music for live performances because of commissions and personal gigs. Plus, I've basically created a horn or redesigned an instrument from the 1800's and modernize it with modern tunings, triggers, better projection, and free blowing. It's a rotary-valved cornet with a 100 year-old bell, German designed valves, 4 tuning lead or mouth pipes, plated in 14 karat gold and the places I touch in rhodium. This horn was built by Dr. Bill Jones, and I guess we are going to call it the Money Cornet. I am looking to also hire an engraver from Virginia to add detail to the rotary valves and other sections. Thank you for letting me share! received_2196624333990745~2.jpeg received_343225139835267.jpeg received_304746263502683~2.jpeg
The sound clip was simply recorded on my phone.

Last edited:
Ok - Im drooling!
You're gonna think I'm crazy, but I got other ideas for more instruments also. I am feeling like Adolf Sax now, lol. For example, all of these having rotary valves: an upbell flugelhorn, an Eb alto euphonium or German Tenor Horn because the alto/ tenor horn we have now is basically an alto baritone, and a bass trumpet/ cornet I have in my mind.

Does it have true legato?

Jokes aside.

So when are you gonna sample it.

:P
It's funny you mentioned true legato! The reason I chose the rotary valves instead of pistons was so the slur transitions from note to note would be smoother! No joke, lol. Concerning sampling, y'all wouldn't want a brass instrument version of Tina Guo. My soul plays with too much vibrato and "cc1 changes" to be useful, hehe.

Dang it! Now I need another SSD!!! :rofl:

Seriously though, my congratulations Rodney. It looks like a labor of love. I know how it feels to make something like that. Enjoy it in good health.

P.S: +1 for Dr. Jones :grin:

Dang it! Now I need another SSD!!! :rofl:

Seriously though, my congratulations Rodney. It looks like a labor of love. I know how it feels to make something like that. Enjoy it in good health.

P.S: +1 for Dr. Jones :grin:
Thank you, my friend, and I will thank Dr. Jones for ya! Hehe.

By the way, I love the name "Money Cornet". You should file for a trademark ASAP. It's like the "money shot" or something. Right on the money.
I appreciate that and the advice!!! If you, or anyone else, can think of a possible better name I would appreciate it. I am seriously thinking about coming up with a whole line of brass instruments.

Top Bottom