What's new

The REAKTOR factor

Flintpope

Sound designer and seller of BRILLO
I still love this Reaktor thing. I can't program a synth from scratch with code and my VST creation is limited to MAIZE which is essentially a simple version of Kontakt. Very simple but effective till Catalina sort of messed it up (although the Maize guy says it works again).

So I always go to Reaktor to mess around with virtual connections and I really love doing the GUI.

I mainly make samplers, although some of you may already know about https://ko-fi.com/s/0adc11d6dd (<b><span style="font-size: 26px">SIX</span></b>), my LFO driven formant oscillator synth.

This ramble is just to ask you to look at this video of my latest re-release BLUR

(broken link removed)

Last edited:
I've only just started messing around with it very recently actually..
The whole blocks thing is very cool, I actually bought some of the toybox ones for the craic..
Turns out I don't have a clue what I'm at with synthesis though..

Blur looks pretty cool..well done..

I've only just started messing around with it very recently actually..
The whole blocks thing is very cool, I actually bought some of the toybox ones for the craic..
Turns out I don't have a clue what I'm at with synthesis though..

Blur looks pretty cool..well done..
Thank you. Toybox are really doing well with their Blocks experiments, really pushing the envelope (no pun intended) and their GUI design is fabulous.

I didn't have a clue with synthesis till I tried out Synthedit (windows only). It has a very straightforward guide and in no time you get the hang of the basics. Frankly I still only get the basics, but the joy of Reaktor is there is so much stuff out there you can adapt to your own ends as all Reaktor ensembles are easily taken apart (someone is going to chime in with copyright restrictions listed on some obscure NI forum...). Although they upped their game since BLOCKs as everything is made in CORE and no, I haven't a clue how CORE works. Too much maths.

Oldskool Reaktor ensembles (Mikroprism etc) are fairly easy to understand by a process of reduction; delete something to see what it does!

Top Bottom