What's new

"the orchestra" - new engine tutorial 02!

@SONUSCORE Are there actual dynamic layers that are controlled with the modwheel, is does it control the volume? On string sustains for example, it sounds to me like the mod wheel is simply making things quieter rather than fading through different dynamics?

Hey Mac,

we have recorded 3 velocity layers for almost all instruments and the modwheel is fading through these different dynamics.

We didn't go for extreme dynamics however, but tried to achieve a smooth and natural flow with the modheel.

Cheers, Tilman from the Sonuscore team!

Reactions: mac
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for your kind words! We are following the discussions here with great attention, making a long list of ideas for future updates.
Currently we are working on more demo and tutorial videos. You can expect more to come over the course of the next few weeks! :)
Cheers,
Sonuscore

Small request - I wish sustain pedal would work for all the patches, not just sustain ones. On FL I can emulate held notes with sustain ("support hold and sostenuto" -option) I can play all patches this way, but on cubase I havent found a way. It's nice to simply throw few chords lauered over piano and then release everything and switch to another chord.

Does 'The Orchestra' come with NKS-support? Can I use the features (browsing, controlling) of my KK s66-keyboard with it?

Hi StillLife, yes, The Orchestra is NKS-Ready, and was optimised to work with the features of Komplete Kontrol.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, and that's great! Another buying argument... Any user experiences here with The Orchestra and NKS?

Hi StillLife, yes, The Orchestra is NKS-Ready, and was optimised to work with the features of Komplete Kontrol.

Thank you, and that's great! Another buying argument... Any user experiences here with The Orchestra and NKS?[/QUOTE]

NI Komplete11 Ultimate / S-49 / NKS ~=~ kid in a candy store here ! No talent to compose/post anything now, but so incredibly easy to generate exciting, joyous sounds !! Very pleased. :dancer:

(2) Reaper Tracks (1) Kontakt5 TO Male Choir & (1) KK _ 'Ancient Runes'; only ~ 5Gb memory used / ~20% cpu (older i7-740). :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the keyboard is in the walkthrough? I love the little controller on the left

Do you mean the s-kontrol keyboard (native instruments)? I didn't notice a separate controller - maybe you're referring to the touch bars on the keyboard itself?

If you are, yes, they're brilliant.

Do you mean the s-kontrol keyboard (native instruments)? I didn't notice a separate controller - maybe you're referring to the touch bars on the keyboard itself?

If you are, yes, they're brilliant.

Thats it thanks mate. Yes i meant the touch faders. Are they assignable?

Also does it work with none NI libraries?

I am enormously enjoying the orchestra, simple yet highly effective concept, all in all an outstanding VI achievement! By the way, how many activations do you allow? I'd prefer 3 - home, work and the laptop, but some companies only settle for two which is frankly not that convenient.

Recently discovered how useful those "Orchestral rhytms" are. Theres the Colors, Rhythms and the Animated orchestra in the main panel. Of course you can tweak your own too, but I think many of us have just taken the easy way and used the ready made animated patterns. Today I was building my song with the Orchestral Rhytms. After I put the rhytms on my song, it was like the German State Orchestra itself (if that orchestra exists? :) ), instant professionalism, anyway, this library is so good, may it not be forgotten for a long time. I think i said a "Thank you" somewhere already for the developers, but need to say it again: Thank You. Highly recommended library!

Recently discovered how useful those "Orchestral rhytms" are. Theres the Colors, Rhythms and the Animated orchestra in the main panel. Of course you can tweak your own too, but I think many of us have just taken the easy way and used the ready made animated patterns. Today I was building my song with the Orchestral Rhytms. After I put the rhytms on my song, it was like the German State Orchestra itself (if that orchestra exists? :) ), instant professionalism, anyway, this library is so good, may it not be forgotten for a long time. I think i said a "Thank you" somewhere already for the developers, but need to say it again: Thank You. Highly recommended library!

Berliner philharmoniker?

Hi Peter N,

I noticed that you are very enthousiastic about both The Orchestra as OT Inspire. Do they accommodate eachother well? And.... if you had to choose...?

Hi Peter N,

I noticed that you are very enthousiastic about both The Orchestra as OT Inspire. Do they accommodate eachother well? And.... if you had to choose...?

Im honest with you, StillLife, but this is only me. Those two libraries OT Inspire and this TO made me a lot closer to the composer I want to be, and the sound I want to make. I dont do epic, dance, trailers, or horror etc, but 'beautiful orchestral melodies' and Ive been tweaking with several other libraries without the results Im looking for - particularly Albion. Thats why Im so excited, as these were the key (for me). Besides that The Orchestra is okay for experimenting with orchestration (so are the orchestra libraries of Sonokinetic too). But while Sonokinetic certainly made me a better orchestrator, I havent got out these brilliant sounds, or 'real feeling', out of some of the Sonokinetic libraries, that suits my style like these two do (still I do like Sonokinetic).

So to answer your question which is very good. Yes, I do get them blend well, but then again I have several instruments on my mockup. Say, OT Inspire Strings, Harp, Piano, flute, and then particularly the wood and brass rhtyms from The Orchestra. Also I put same reverb on them. In case there were only few instruments in the mockup, Im not too certain, like e.g. The Orchestra Harp and OT Inspire Strings, maybe wouldnt blend that well in very small ensemble. Cheers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom