What's new

The Olafur Collection - Spitfire

StillLife

I have got a 15% discount on the OA collection, in the latest wishlist sale. I have always been tempted by the three libraries, but have not yet bitten the bullet. There is a lovely walkthrough of what you can do with the collection, but I am curious: those here who have all three, how much do you use them? Do you obly use them for scoring or also for other music genres? Any buyer's remorse?

I use them constantly, although the Nordic Noir thing is very much my style.
Thanks. I did not know that you used them. On your soundcloud I can see a lot of albums, but they all refer to synths, it seems? Diva, Massive, Omnisphere and the like? Are the OA libs in those tracks too?

I've got all three, and they're pretty great. I haven't used the original OA Evolutions as much as I was expecting, but that's more a result of the kinds of projects I've been working on than any fault of the library. The Composer Toolkit is great for pads and textures under other things, and the piano in it is lovely. The Chamber Evolutions is a little more versatile than the original library, at least for the stuff I'm writing, the evolutions are really nice, and the swells play really nicely with the SCS library.

I just picked up the Evo (not the new chamber one) on sale and its really good! Less content than I would have wanted (I was spoiled by EVO Grid 1)

But throwing those types of sounds into a mix really brings it to life.

The Evo Grid idea is fantastic, so anything in that vein will be good.

-DJ

I've got all three, and they're pretty great. ......... The Chamber Evolutions is a little more versatile than the original library, at least for the stuff I'm writing, the evolutions are really nice, and the swells play really nicely with the SCS library.

and specifically your feelings about how useful the 'waves' are ??

I got the bundle also and by far Chamber Evolutions is my favorite... although the original evo is also wonderful... haven't dabbled with the other stuff yet...

Chamber Evolution is just wonderful... every aspect exudes unique, emotional and totally useful stuff... Olfur has become one of my favorite creators...

waves are excellent and totally useful...

and specifically your feelings about how useful the 'waves' are ??

I've been using them mostly to augment the SCS ensembles flautando patch, they add some nice movement under static chordal parts that in some cases seem to work better than riding the mod wheel and expression on the flautandos. I have also used them on their own a fair bit, and they're really nice that way too.

I've been using them mostly to augment the SCS ensembles flautando patch, they add some nice movement under static chordal parts that in some cases seem to work better than riding the mod wheel and expression on the flautandos. I have also used them on their own a fair bit, and they're really nice that way too.

THX for xtra detail. Seems like a strong choice to add from Wishlist promo.

I just picked up the Evo (not the new chamber one) on sale and its really good! Less content than I would have wanted (I was spoiled by EVO Grid 1)

But throwing those types of sounds into a mix really brings it to life.

The Evo Grid idea is fantastic, so anything in that vein will be good.

-DJ
Hi Daniel, can you tell if the EVO you got blends well with HZ Strings?

Thanks all. I think I'll pass on this one for the time being. It's still a bit too much money, the whole bundle. Maybe one of the libs in the autumn, around Black Friday? Seems to be more Autumn-minded libraries, anyway...

Meanwhile, my g.a.s. has found another focus: Output. But that's another thread...

Just picked up the OA Chamber EVO... holy buckets is it inspirational. Going to add it to some something I am working on with HZS and see what that looks like. Great stuff @Spitfire Team

Chamber Evo seems to get the most love out of all of them and l have to agree it's fantastic especially with the Chamber Waves. Still l find myself using Symphonic Strings Evo often as it's the most traditional and just downright lovely applied to just about anything.
Out of all the millions of random combinations you can create...hell just give me 10 of them really and I'm good as gold.

Last edited:
Aaaarrgghhhh …… Ha! I know this is all about individual preferences and existing content, but I'm taking careful note of your Symphonic Strings EVO comment. Current OA promo had me ready to pickup Chamber EVO @ $225.
OA Ch Waves content is surely cool, but would rather spend a bit more if SSEVO is likely to be more usable day-to-day.

( and then there is Frozen Plain _ Arctic Strings to us with SSEVO …. )

BlkFri & Wishlist will likely bring even more enticements.

Aaaarrgghhhh …… Ha! I know this is all about individual preferences and existing content, but I'm taking careful note of your Symphonic Strings EVO comment. Current OA promo had me ready to pickup Chamber EVO @ $225.
OA Ch Waves content is surely cool, but would rather spend a bit more if SSEVO is likely to be more usable day-to-day.

Honestly, I find the Chamber EVO far more usable. Symphonic Evolutions lacks the clarity that is present in Chamber Evolutions and the rest of the EVO series. Less players equals a more clear and distinctive sound in each individual EVO. The Waves are insanely useful and inspiring to play too!

Personally, I find the Symphonic Strings Evolutions hard to control. I tend to use them an articulation at a time, which kind of defeats the purpose of an EVO. For me, the sound is also rather big for the kind of delicateness I usually want when I'm reaching for an EVO, whereas I use the OA Chamber EVO all the time, and I fell immediately in love with it. The waves really are as useful and lovely sounding as everyone says. Indeed I wish someone would do a library of these kind of waves for a whole range of instrumental groupings.

Top Bottom