What's new

The Olafur Collection - Spitfire

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Personally, I find the Symphonic Strings Evolutions hard to control. I tend to use them an articulation at a time, which kind of defeats the purpose of an EVO. For me, the sound is also rather big for the kind of delicateness I usually want when I'm reaching for an EVO, whereas I use the OA Chamber EVO all the time, and I fell immediately in love with it. The waves really are as useful and lovely sounding as everyone says. Indeed I wish someone would do a library of these kind of waves for a whole range of instrumental groupings.
THX. Had reached OA_Chamber EVOs choice over much time and research, yet try to remain open until purchase.
Have Tundra and time with Vral Grid Evo.
OA_Chamber EVO at current promo seems very cool way forward.

The Darris

THX. Had reached OA_Chamber EVOs choice over much time and research, yet try to remain open until purchase.
Have Tundra and time with Vral Grid Evo.
OA_Chamber EVO at current promo seems very cool way forward.
I doubt you will be disappointed. I recommend putting the older Olafur Arnalds Evolutions in your wishlist to hopefully catch it on sale in these upcoming holiday sales. The beauty of that library is that you can use the trio as an ensemble or individual instruments to give you total control in your mix. Just keep that in mind for the future. Between the two, I'd certainly get Chamber Evolutions first and then get this one.

I have the original OA Evos. I find them really useful and easy to slot in where I need them because they are soloists. One day I’ll pick up the Chamber Evos and probably the toolkit.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
I doubt you will be disappointed. I recommend putting the older Olafur Arnalds Evolutions in your wishlist to hopefully catch it on sale in these upcoming holiday sales. The beauty of that library is that you can use the trio as an ensemble or individual instruments to give you total control in your mix. Just keep that in mind for the future. Between the two, I'd certainly get Chamber Evolutions first and then get this one.
Thank-you for additional detail re. OA_EVOs. Added to Wishlist.

Also _ thank-you @ kriskrause.
OA _ COLLECTION at -30% in Sept may be as good as it gets. :thumbsup:

Bill the Lesser

I use SSE a lot and find it most useful when directly loading articulations as individual patches in a multi which allows several different articulations to share the same note, which is not possible with the grid. The resulting massive-yet-subtle string sections are quite unique and very different than the grid setups. As already mentioned the grid is more suited to sparse ensembles.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
I use SSE a lot and find it most useful when directly loading articulations as individual patches in a multi which allows several different articulations to share the same note, which is not possible with the grid. The resulting massive-yet-subtle string sections are quite unique and very different than the grid setups. As already mentioned the grid is more suited to sparse ensembles.
Thank-you ! Just to confirm ..... you use Spitfire Symphonic Strings Evolutions and mostly individual patches vs grid.
You simply prefer SSE vs OA for your purposes .....

Both are on my Wishlist, but the current -25% OA promo triggered my interest.

Last edited:

jbuhler

Thank-you ! Just to confirm ..... you use Spitfire Symphonic Strings Evolutions and mostly individual patches vs grid.

Am I right to remember that you have an EDU discount? Spitfire just started its back to school sale, so you can do even better. For those who have the EDU discount this particular sale is about as good as you will ever get aside from the crazy one-offs like they did with Tundra. It's better than almost all the bundles.

The problem with SSE in the grid is that it's hard to balance the articulations against one another in chords with a big ensemble. Whereas when you use them an articulation at a time it's more like having a very large set of interesting long articulations to choose from. You can then, as Bill the Lesser says, build multis that layer these articulations into more massive evolving longs. I still use OA far more than SSE.

Bill the Lesser

Thank-you ! Just to confirm .....

No! I don't own OA, but I've used it and I think OA is the more overall useful UNLESS you want a sound that is more symphonic than, umhh, perhaps cinematic. SSE with a bunch of patches sounds BIG, OA sounds up close and personal.

Will be buying my very own OA this sale.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
The problem with SSE in the grid is that it's hard to balance the articulations against one another in chords with a big ensemble. Whereas when you use them an articulation at a time it's more like having a very large set of interesting long articulations to choose from. You can then, as Bill the Lesser says, build multis that layer these articulations into more massive evolving longs. I still use OA far more than SSE.
You are quite attentive to recall the EDU detail. That has since expired with SFA, although remains for (1) xactn with Cinesamples. :whistling:

Thank-you for adding this clarification. OA_ Chamber may work well for now, especially in AIR Lyndhurst to use with Albions and other SFA.
SF_ SSEvo(s) for sure by BlkFri.

jbuhler

You are quite attentive to recall the EDU detail. That has since expired with SFA, although remains for (1) xactn with Cinesamples. :whistling:

Thank-you for adding this clarification. OA_ Chamber may work well for now, especially in AIR Lyndhurst to use with Albions and other SFA.
SF_ SSEvo(s) for sure by BlkFri.
If you continue to have an EDU affiliation, you can reapply with SF for each purchase.

idematoa

With a Wurli from Arturia & Spitfire Symphonic Strings Evolutions from Spitfire Audio, an Evo Grid from OAC...

Arturia_Wurli V.JPG OAC_Chamber Grid.JPG

Top Bottom