What's new

SAURON - The DAW All Media Composers Must Learn???

Long before the advent of the Internet, I likened the process of fame to skeet shooting: first, you're flung to great heights; and then people take aim and shoot you down.

Congrats, Christian, on this first shot across the bow. Your YouTube channel has arrived. I'm glad you were unscathed. May it always be so.

(And may the trolls go back to living under bridges, as they did before the Internet.)

Best,

Geoff

Enjoyed the film Christian, thanks. Out of interest just had a quick look at Mel's own youtube videos. Couldn't help but click on one of the songs there titled "Fuckability" (great song title couldn't resist!) by Maria Doyle Kennedy and thought it was a really cracking song actually, anyway...

Interestingly enough in the comments to that video/song, there's just one item which reads:

"Pinned by mel obrien
mel obrien5 days ago (edited)
Had to delete a couple of moronic comments by TROLLS. Paolo Rossi, a coward who hides behind a pseudonym."

Oh the irony!!! - posted just a day or two before Mel's comment to you Christian. I recon if you study prehistoric cave paintings closely enough you'll probably find some pretty dry put-downs in there somewhere.

...and a touch on cyberbullying whilst managing to troll this forum somewhat!

I added this comment on YouTube but wanted to post here too...

To add to your Paco de Lucía/Concierto de Aranjuez example — Joaquín Rodrigo, that piece's composer, was blind from the age of three and wrote out his compositions in braille. So in a sense he too didn't "read music" in the purely classical sense.

Congratulations, @christianhenson, on your YouTube channel's milestone! As a former marching band drummer, it occurs to me that you may be able to mount your camera to your body—as we did our drums—to avoid aggravating your "really nasty bout of tendonitis" in your left arm.

Here's to your continued success!

Best,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff... I'm exploring options, just a lighter camera is the answer but sound is always an issue with those.

Another amazing video Paul! Thanks again.
I've been in on a few similar pours covering radiant floors (one was 6k sq/ft over a 4k sq/ft basement) and it always looks kind of scary.
It's good to see that your patience is holding fast. Custom projects walk a fine line schedule wise but it sounds like you're in good hands.
Can't wait to see what's next!

Thanks Ironbut! Yes its kind of weird how it all settles out to a perfectly smooth flat surface!

Initial estimates were they'd be finished by Feb - its going to have been about 12 months in total. Will be worth the wait though!

Thanks Ironbut! Yes its kind of weird how it all settles out to a perfectly smooth flat surface!

Initial estimates were they'd be finished by Feb - its going to have been about 12 months in total. Will be worth the wait though!
I'll second that appreciation. I'm enjoying these build videos immensely. Also, like you say, that beautiful large space is crying out for a grand piano.

Top Bottom