What's new

SAURON - The DAW All Media Composers Must Learn???

Is this a must-have first analogue synth or an overpriced Moog Taurus?

Yes! Its the back of that beautiful machine that really gets you going! To open up these amazing filters and just go bananas with just about any sound you like - thats entertainment!

Thanks as always for a compact show of upmost quality!
MOMA

Fantastic!
Bummer about that snow. I bet the roofers couldn't believe it (considering how few rows of slate that were left)!
Still, an enormous amount of work so far (how kind of you to contribute to the local economy).
Can't wait to see what's next!

Thanks Ironbut!

Yes it was a bit annoying, snow gets in everywhere - such a small gap at the top as well!!

Next ep I’ll show the technical drawings and mock-up of the interior. We will see how that translates to reality over the next few weeks!!

Some interesting questions about electrics as well and lighting.

...and from one building site to another... an insight into how we start building a Spitfire product, something we hope is going to be very very special:

Amazing sounds.

I don;t know whats harder to believe - that sample library companies have got me to spend so much money on pianos to date, or that it it’s all but inevitable that I’ll be spending even more in the future.

Can wait for the this library/ libraries to come out.

Amazing sounds.

I don;t know whats harder to believe - that sample library companies have got me to spend so much money on pianos to date, or that it it’s all but inevitable that I’ll be spending even more in the future.

Can wait for the this library/ libraries to come out.
My favorite part of the video is when Christian and Jake were talking about how they don't like to use a lot microphones in a session. Because one thing I very much associate with Spitfire is limited mic positions (though it is true that their recent libraries have often featured fewer mic positions in the basic product).

Reactions: ism
In fairness, they seem to have managed to restrict themselves to - what 17, 18? mics in this case? I lost count. That's almost restrained (by some people's standards).

They do sound great though.

In fairness, they seem to have managed to restrict themselves to - what 17, 18? mics in this case? I lost count. That's almost restrained (by some people's standards).

They do sound great though.
I agree that they sound great and the examples they played showed how different the mics all sound. I certainly don't begrudge them their mics. I just found the minimalist statement quite amusing...

Reactions: ism
Yeah, I reckon this library is gonna be annoyingly big (if you want it to be)... There's some shit we did off-cam though which is next level.... never got to the chamois!

I always enjoy watching Christian's product recommendations (admittedly, in part, because he often recommends products I already own :cool: ). Here's his latest video on the subject:

I'd like to second his recommendations of the AKG 414 mic and Dynaudio BM15A monitors. They've served me admirably for years.

Best,

Geoff

@christianhenson Replaced pitch bend with expression yet?
Byq5FYN.png

Top Bottom