What's new

The last voyage - Spitfire audio and garritan cfx

marcodistefano

Composer
Hello All,
I follow this forum since months and finally decided to join and start sharing with you my latest composition for which I have also created a video. :)

You can listen/watch it on youtube

if you like it visit also my website marcodistefano.art, be aware that the other compositions there are old recordings which are valuable only for the composition in itself and not for the recording/quality.

Hope you will enjoy!
Marco

Hi Marco,

Good effort, your music conveyed differing energies for each section of your video which I thought was good. Perhaps more bass and mids needed (I listened on DT990 Pros), some balance on the instrument volume levels and perhaps a smidgen of reverb to join all your instruments into the same space.

Cheers
Stephen

Hi Marco,

Good effort, your music conveyed differing energies for each section of your video which I thought was good. Perhaps more bass and mids needed (I listened on DT990 Pros), some balance on the instrument volume levels and perhaps a smidgen of reverb to join all your instruments into the same space.

Cheers
Stephen

Thanks Stephen!

This is my first mastering "tentative" hope it did not come too bad, your feedback is very much welcome I will try to mix another version following your tips.
A problem I know is the acoustic of my room which boost bass frequencies and I think for this reason I have cut them too much. I am using a couple of m-audio BX5 D3 as speakers.

Kind Regards
Marco

Hi Marco,

One tip I learnt (6 week audio engineering course 2016) is to mix in mono* and stand in the doorway (not kidding). I tried it a few times but received strange looks from the dog.

*In Logic Pro X, you can add Gain plug-in to your Stereo Out channel, and select Mono to ON.

Cheers
Stephen

Hi Marco,

One tip I learnt (6 week audio engineering course 2016) is to mix in mono* and stand in the doorway (not kidding). I tried it a few times but received strange looks from the dog.

*In Logic Pro X, you can add Gain plug-in to your Stereo Out channel, and select Mono to ON.

Cheers
Stephen

Thanks again,
I heard about it once I’ll try next time, will let you know you how my dogs have been reacting (the worst is if they think is time to go for a ride...)

Marco

Top Bottom