What's new

The Hymn Of Solskjaer

tehreal

Do you use headphones or monitors to mix your tracks? I find myself having to turn up the volume on your tracks. I could be wrong but I think the volume may be a little too hot in your set up. This is in no way a dig as I'm also working on balancing at the moment.

OP
Mads Skønberg

Mads Skønberg

Do you use headphones or monitors to mix your tracks? I find myself having to turn up the volume on your tracks. I could be wrong but I think the volume may be a little too hot in your set up. This is in no way a dig as I'm also working on balancing at the moment.
I agree.

I use headphones. I am struggeling to get the volume "high enough", even though I am using Adaptive Limiter and volume in logic on full.

Any tips to get the volume higher without breaking the sound?

Henu

You have a lot of low frequencies there eating the headroom. Get rid of stuff going below 30-40 hz completely, and tone down stuff under 60 hz. Then tame some low-mid boominess first (around 180 hz) and narrow the stereo image a bit from the sub- 100 hz area downwards. Then compress with a good compressor and limit with a good limiter and you're good to go. Trying to do it with stock plugins is a bit so-and-so, if you ask me.

Here's a quick 5- minute tryout to make it louder without breaking it. I know, it's done AFTER your own limiter which is quite "forbidden",haha, but at least you'll get the idea now!

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/solskjaer_louder_320kbps-mp3.17698/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

Top Bottom